shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Good Opinions on E-Ring Stone Specs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Coal

Rough_Rock
I have been an avid reader of PS for a little while now, and it has really helped to educate me in an area that I knew nothing about previously. I am reaching out on this most momentous occasion to get advice on my E-Ring. I have window shopped, read, and saved but now the heat is on and I want to deliver something truly great. :) Before I begin in full, know I do not necessarily need help choosing the stones based on price. Although there is a price differential of about $1500, it is far more important to choose the right stone. Today I went and saw the stones and it was a really tough choice. One stone is a RB triple Ex, H, eye clean SI1 the other stone is a RB VG Cut, EX Polish, VG Symmetry, H, VS2. After hours of looking at stones (I never thought that could get so fatiguing :) ) I have narrowed it down to these two, but need some input. Here are the stats:

Stone #1 - VG Cut, EX Polish, VG Symmetry
8.04 - 8.11 x 5.05 Round Brilliant
2.02 Carats
H
VS2
62.5% Depth
54% Table
35 degree Crown
40.4 degree Pavilion

Stone #2 - EX Cut, EX Polish, EX Symmetry
8.06 - 8.11 x 5.04 Round Brilliant
2.03 Carats
H
SI1
62.3% Depth
58% Table
35 degree Crown
41.2 degree Pavilion

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Coal

34.gif

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
From the numbers, definitely prefer #1. But best to get an Idealscope image for confirmation.

Coal

Rough_Rock
While I don''t have an idealscope picture, they did pull one out the when I was there. The SI1 was technically cut better (close to an H&A) but the VS2 wasn''t too far behind. As far as light return, I didn''t notice any unexpected leakage. One question though, the image showed up more dark pink instead of deep red. I was not looking at it under special environs though - white countertop, plain fluorescent lighting... but if it should show up deep red regardless then I may have other concerns. I will try to get a picture but if you know anything about the pink/red issue (non-issue) let me know.

Thanks,
Coal

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/18/2009 7:36:44 AM
Author: Coal
While I don''t have an idealscope picture, they did pull one out the when I was there. The SI1 was technically cut better (close to an H&A) but the VS2 wasn''t too far behind. As far as light return, I didn''t notice any unexpected leakage. One question though, the image showed up more dark pink instead of deep red. I was not looking at it under special environs though - white countertop, plain fluorescent lighting... but if it should show up deep red regardless then I may have other concerns. I will try to get a picture but if you know anything about the pink/red issue (non-issue) let me know.

Thanks,
Coal
With the pink/red question this can often be a result of differences in lighting, what you are looking for is leakage rather than the overall colour, see these images where leakage can be clearly seen as dark or grey patches.

https://www.pricescope.com/idealscope_indx.asp

Coal

Rough_Rock
Yes, its the same color between the two I viewed.

By the way thanks for all of the help. I will go back and pay more attention to the IS.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results