shape
carat
color
clarity

need feedback - square emerald

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nyasscher

Rough_Rock

i would really appreciate some feedback/opinions on the following diamond... i''m new to the forum, which has been a big help during the ring shopping process. thanks in advance for your help.

cut: square emerald cut
weight. 2.040
measurements: 6.86 x 6.95 x 4.76
color: f
clarity: if
depth %: 69.4%
table %: 62.8%
pavilion depth: 51.3%
crown height: 14.1%
girdle thickness: 4%
polish: excellent
symmetry: very good

IS_GIA_99.jpg

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/7/2007 5:34:27 PM
Author:nyasscher

i would really appreciate some feedback/opinions on the following diamond... i''m new to the forum, which has been a big help during the ring shopping process. thanks in advance for your help.

cut: square emerald cut
weight. 2.040
measurements: 6.86 x 6.95 x 4.76
color: f
clarity: if
depth %: 69.4%
table %: 62.8%
pavilion depth: 51.3%
crown height: 14.1%
girdle thickness: 4%
polish: excellent
symmetry: very good
Welcome to PS...

If you are looking for a regular square emerald cut..., its an ok stone
40.gif

If you are in the mood for an Asscher Cut..., you need to be reading some more..., and there is plenty to read...

My comments: Small spread, the shape looks out of balance (maybe its the image??), corner pavilions dont look evenly cut, and I am pretty certain you are paying extra for the IF..., and its not a "D"!!!

Read..., read..., read..., all the answers to your questions are in the threads/posts...

Good luck.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
on a 1 to 10 scale its about a 7.5
There are better ones out there.
Optical symetry is off and the bottom row facet angle is too steep.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not sure if it is the picture, but one side of the corners looks off compared to the other side. It is also a little deep at close to 70% depth. You can clearly come down from the IF clarity rating to open up your options as well as get a better price/bigger stone. For step cuts, VS1/2 is very eye clean.

esumsea

Shiny_Rock
Looks nice, but not spectacular. I would agree with the assessments made above. The symmetry is slightly off and it is a little deep (though that is not a big deal as much as table size). Definately, there is alot to read and I have read most of it. VERY EDUCATING, this thread is, in Yoda speak.
Good Luck in your search! Looks like the budget you are working with will give a lady a nice stone. One thing I would say is go for a "icier" color (D or E) and drop down to a VVS2,VS1 or even VS2 if the inclusions are in the right places and are the right type. Cut is by far the most important think. Look for Ex or Ideal and the proportions you will read in your search (such as table 60-63 %, keeping the depth and table close in percentages, etc.) Look at some of my earlier threads, they have links to others, also look at storm, CHrono and Hest''s threads.

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
nyasscher...hello.

as diagem wrote ''read, read, read''...

yeah, there''s tons of threads here to read and may take up alot of your time, but, you''ll gain alotta knowledge and opinion. and, that''s a good thing. during your diamond journey, you''re gonna read folks'' (including mine) opinions regarding every ''facet'' of buying a diamond that you could possibly imagaine...and, that''s a great thing!

color, clarity, all those specs...just waiting for your decision. :)

here comes one (of many!) opinion and actual buying experience of mine...regarding pictures you may see on the internet...while they do help in seeing the diamond physically (shape, etc.), don''t necessarily rule out (or ''in'' for that matter) a diamond based on the ''still'' picture. the still pic does not do the diamond justice. i don''t care what the specs are...what does the diamond justice is seeing it in person. and that my friend, will be the daunting task...getting into your hand and checkin'' it out for your own eyes!

have fun and good luck...remember...READ all that you can...it''s all right here on pricescope.

sincerely, ron.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results