shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on this princess cut

Themasterpiece1

Rough_Rock
A local dealer was able to show me an AGS Ideal stone. I was wondering how the price compared and whether it was worth the asking price.

The stone is a Princess Cut.
1.82 Ct
Color: G
Clarity: SI2
Cut: Ideal
Light performance: Ideal
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Dimensions: 6.72 x 6.66 x 4.82
Price: $13k

I am going to upload the AGS grading report. The stone looks eye clean to me, or at least very hard to see inclusions. I have looked at the stone twice now in a few different light scenarios and it has been very hard for me to see the inclusion. I wanted to be in the $11k price range so that is definitely an issue with this stone. However, I am debating whether I should raise my budget for it.

Another store is trying to get me an AGS Ideal, I color, VS2. This one would be more in my price range but he has not obtained it yet. However, I think the stone will be slightly smaller than the one on this post.

Any opinions?

Attachments

• 104071132031-pldqr.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 27

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Themasterpiece1

Rough_Rock
Wow that's awesome. Thanks for the find.

Does anyone have opinions on the diamond itself? I know AGS ideals have a big range in how they can look.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGS 0 are stricter than GIA xxx if that's what you're thinking.

If you think it's beautiful, then go for it. Shows up as sold on the BG site, but if your place has it, you should have some negotiation room.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
As a larger size Si2 the crystals (which are the grade setters) are pretty large and centrally located. As such I would think they might be visible to the naked eye. There is also a natural and small feather in one of the corners that should be checked carefully for any elevated durability risk.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks like a well cut stone and will likely sparkle well! However I am nervous about all of those inclusions... I think you should look for a stone with less inclusions and maybe slightly less deep to give you a better face up size.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes, the stone is very well cut. And actually, not deep at all. The only issues are the clarity features.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results