shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on settings, esp. antique-type settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mas

Rough_Rock
Hi all - I am very excited that I am finally about to get engaged, but am having a tough time picking out the right ring!

I know I don''t want a solitaire on a plain band -- I''m looking for some a little different. I do want a round stone -- probably brilliant cut, but have also been hearing a lot about the old european cut / old mine cut stones. The setting is really what''s giving me trouble. I''d like something that I don''t get tired of over time. So here are some questions I''m hoping you can help with:

1) What do you think of the Tiffany Legacy-style setting (center diamond encircled with small diamonds)? Do you think that''s a style that I''d get tired of fast?

2) What do you think of antique settings -- those that have some filagree with small diamonds to complement the center stone?

3) What is the best way to buy an antique setting or an antique ring?

4) Is it better to get a simple ring and then get different bands (that way I can change the look by just changing out the bands?

I know I can always get a diamond reset, but I''d love to get a ring I love now and will love for a very very long time. I''d appreciate any advice you have!!

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Congrats on your engagement. I know that choosing the "perfect" ring can be nerve-wracking and time consuming! lol

I went for an antique-style setting too... you can see my finished piece at https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ring-completed-pics-and-acknowledgements-included.34326/

BTW, you can browse antique-style settings at www.antiqueengagementrings.com Also try www.faycullen.com Or, just do a search on Pricescope for "antique setting" and see what comes up in the posts...

Let us know how it goes!

Anne

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results