shape
carat
color
clarity

need advice: G strong blue fluor vs. I no fluor

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

donaldc

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I need some advice. I''ve narrowed my diamond search to 2 diamonds. Which would you all take?

1st one:
G Color
GIA Excellent
1.3 on HCA
SI2 but eyeclean
Strong blue Fluor

or

2nd one:
I Color
AGS 000
1.6 on HCA
SI2 but eyeclean
no Fluor

The I color one is about $100 more, so that doesn''t matter much. The only thing holding me back from the G is the strong blue fluor. I don''t know if my girlfriend would like the blue that much, but she may. Is strong blue pretty noticable? Also, how great is the difference between G and I colors. Unfortunately I am colorblind and couldn''t tell the difference between the two.
7.gif

Thanks in advance for the advice!

wen104

Shiny_Rock
I think I would probably go for the second one only because AGS000 you cannot go wrong and it will face up pretty white because of the cut. I personally like the fluor but some people don''t. Something with strong fluor, I would probably pass on unless I looked at it but alot of people would purchase it in a heart beat. The strong fluor will be very noticable if you are around a black light the diamond will glow and it can be a turn off for some people. You will pay the extra $100 for something that is AGS000, no doubts though that it will beautiful. Happy shopping!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Since they both have excellent HCA scores, I would take #1. My preference in diamonds is D-G color with medium to strong blue Fluorescense. Personally, I would not buy an I unless it had blue fluoro to make it appear whiter (I am very color sensitive), but many people are happy with I color stones. You will find many opinions about fluoro on here if you use the search feature. If the seller has a good return policy, I would definitely take a look at #1, as it is very rare for blue fluoro to have a negative effect.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you post the full cut info on both of the stones?

Assuming that both are equally cut well I rather take the G with strong blue. Strong blue flour rarely negatively impacts a stone and I think there is a noticeable difference between a G and an I stone. I personally actually really like the effect of strong blue flour. I have an H pendant with strong blue and I love it!!! It''s only noticeable in the sun, but it glows a pretty shade of light blue.

donaldc

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice!

Here is more detailed cut info:

I COLOR
DEPTH - 61.8%
TABLE - 57%
CROWN - 34.9*
PAV - 40.8*

G COLOR
DEPTH - 61.6%
TABLE - 56%
CROWN - 34.5*
PAV - 40.8*

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it''s determined not to negatively affect the stone, I''d go for the G. Much more unique with the flo (and identifiable), plus a higher color for less.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2007 5:32:22 PM
Author: Ellen
If it''s determined not to negatively affect the stone, I''d go for the G. Much more unique with the flo (and identifiable), plus a higher color for less.
Me too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results