shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Advice Buying A Proposal Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joemok

Rough_Rock
wavey.gif

Hey fellas,

I''m planning on proposing to my girl this year end when we head down to the great barrier reef. I''d like the idea of choosing the diamond ring with an ''ideal-scope'' however, I''m not certain on the extent of S$1200/- can do.

This is the amt I can afford to spend.
So,
1) where to buy
2) what kind?
3) Sookee''s Brilliant Rose looks fine but how $$$?

I''m situated in Singapore

Many thanks
Rdgs Joe

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What 1200 can do?! Alot! I would like a small fancy color (these are arguably unique) or even a set of four small ones in different colors from fancydiamonds.com (centenary Antwerp firm) or a fiery little thing from israel-diamonds.com (very good prices and interesting cuts). These are places where the tight pricing on the ususal US-led market do not really make alot of harm. See?!
eek.gif

joemok

Rough_Rock
Thank you....I'll check it out.
I was looking for something with a singular diamond held by a claw kind.
Do you think a coloured diamond would be better or clear?

Joe
wavey.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Depending on how much you want to spend on the setting, you can get a nice diamond in the 1/3 ct. to 1/2 ct. range. I would stick with a colorless diamond unless you or your significant other prefer colored. This is a respectable size.

Example: http://search.virtcert.com/cgi/u/1012/v.cgi?stock=1564999&_s=1012&_p=sdf348gd743&_c=&_fs=1&prestock=&_ln=ps

I recommend H-J for color and VS2-SI1 for clarity and a certificate from the GIA or the AGS. Diamonds of this color will be clear and white to the average person looking at them.

As for Sookee's brilliant rose, another Pricescope member said: " Sookee's "Brilliant Rose" is NOT a H&A and is way overpriced for the quality of the diamond." in this post

Check out the rest of the post for ideas in your area.

Use the search engine on this website if you are interested in purchasing your diamond over the net.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results