shape
carat
color
clarity

My visit to Single Stone

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You may or may not know, but I've been wanting to reset my ring since just after I got it (my current set [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/catching-fire.156504/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/catching-fire.156504/[/URL]) My DH has agreed that if I can make the money from selling my current stuff, he'd not get his feelings hurt if I reset. So I visited with Ari and Single Stone (he's really awesome - you guys weren't kidding) and this is the setting I'm considering. Keep in mind my stone is a 2.5 and this stone is a 1.5 and I do plan to keep my wedding band for sentimental reasons so he would make the band on the ring thicker so that it would match. So tell me what you think:

securedownload-1.jpeg

securedownload-3.jpeg

securedownload.jpeg

photo.JPG

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Re: My visit with Single Stone

You must do it! I adore rounds in square holes. That is what I thought I wanted from Single Stone until I went in person and I put on a 6 prong ring I would not have given a second glance to before and did not want to take it off. You have to go with what looks great on your hand and makes your heart sing. It is so true that their settings must be seen in person to be appreciated.

ETA- if you take the plunge you may want to go all out and have them add milgrain and possibly engraving to your WB so it looks more vintage. They excel at that. They added milgrain to my stock bezel stud settings and also did a phenomenal job of restoring antique engraving on my wedding band.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: My visit with Single Stone

kelpie|1298069468|2855013 said:
You must do it! I adore rounds in square holes. That is what I thought I wanted from Single Stone until I went in person and I put on a 6 prong ring I would not have given a second glance to before and did not want to take it off. You have to go with what looks great on your hand and makes your heart sing. It is so true that their settings must be seen in person to be appreciated.

ETA- if you take the plunge you may want to go all out and have them add milgrain and possibly engraving to your WB so it looks more vintage. They excel at that. They added milgrain to my stock bezel stud settings and also did a phenomenal job of restoring antique engraving on my wedding band.

Kelpie, your ring was what made me make the visit to SS. It's so gorgeous and even prettier in person, it just didn't look right with my band.

Ari and I talked about taking the milgraining off the ering instead of milgraining the wring because there's not a whole lot of metal on the wring. We shall see. I have to sell my stuff first. :D

Oh and on a crappy side note, it looks like my stone is chipped. Probably because the setting is so high, but that just inspires me to reset even more.

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Lucky Girl! Where are you going to sell your stuff at? That's a gorgeous setting, so romantic. I'm also in love with Kelpie's setting. Single Stone has such ethereal jewelry. Keep us posted.

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
:love: Oh I am in love, so not expecting that when I opened the thread. I think it would look nice and in keeping with the proportions with your stone and a bigger band although I think different size bands look great too. Regarding taking away the milgrain I am just gonna make like I did not hear you. :twirl:

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
Ok after looking at your current set I may admit that you could pull of the new setting sans milgrain. BUT I will keep saying that milgrain is nearly always best :wink2: and especially when going the singelstone route.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it your setting that you're unhappy with or is it your stone? This setting is very pretty but it changes the shape of your stone - if you know what I mean. Would you be happier if you traded in your stone for another shape?

Just a question and I don't mean to offend but I think before you make a big change, you need to know exactly what you want.

Sorry to hear about the chip - how bad is it?

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
MissGotRocks|1298074987|2855081 said:
Is it your setting that you're unhappy with or is it your stone? This setting is very pretty but it changes the shape of your stone - if you know what I mean. Would you be happier if you traded in your stone for another shape?

Just a question and I don't mean to offend but I think before you make a big change, you need to know exactly what you want.

Sorry to hear about the chip - how bad is it?

I really love my stone so it's not a dissatisfaction with that. I kinda like the idea that I can be both with the illusion setting. And no offense at all. I count on honest questions and hope that you all will ask me something I may not of thought of.

As for the chip, it's not too bad, but it freaks me out. If I go with SS they will polish it out for me.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK - good - just checking!

Have you considered the Tacori shaped like a cushion for a round stone? I'm sure it's pricey and don't know if it's your style or not but it is lovely - I like the one that has the least amount of pave on it.

Just another thought. . . at least you're a good egg about suggestions!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Do you guys think the gap between the ering and wring is atrocious?

Eta: I am willing to reconsider the milgrain.

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
athenaworth|1298083428|2855179 said:
Do you guys think the gap between the engagement ring and wring is atrocious?

Eta: I am willing to reconsider the milgrain.
I think that setting is DIVINE!!!!!! I adore it!

I also love the gap between the wb and ering- I prefer that look as opposed to them sitting flush.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
MissGotRocks|1298081144|2855163 said:
OK - good - just checking!

Have you considered the Tacori shaped like a cushion for a round stone? I'm sure it's pricey and don't know if it's your style or not but it is lovely - I like the one that has the least amount of pave on it.

Just another thought. . . at least you're a good egg about suggestions!

I've seen that one and I think it's awesome, but I'm not a huge fan of halos. I love poking at them, but don't think in would want one myself.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the compliment on my ring. What a bummer your stone is chipped. Are you going to have them polish it out? This setting will protect it a lot more with the corner prongs and the lower height. My stone is only 53% depth and they really set it as low as possible which is very very low. I think the gap with the band looks nice but it will probably be a bit wider with your larger stone. I would give the milgrain a shot if they have enough metal to work with on your WB. It looks so nice on the ER, I wouldn't want to be deprived of Single Stone's delicious milgrain.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
kelpie|1298102278|2855299 said:
Thanks for the compliment on my ring. What a bummer your stone is chipped. Are you going to have them polish it out? This setting will protect it a lot more with the corner prongs and the lower height. My stone is only 53% depth and they really set it as low as possible which is very very low. I think the gap with the band looks nice but it will probably be a bit wider with your larger stone. I would give the milgrain a shot if they have enough metal to work with on your WB. It looks so nice on the ER, I wouldn't want to be deprived of Single Stone's delicious milgrain.

I am definitely reconsidering the milgrain, but I don't know if I can't get past the gap. I'm gonna go look at some other places next week. I will fond the best ring for me. Oh yes. I will.

valchiria

Shiny_Rock
I prefer your original setting, it is much more elegant and it enhances your stone.
This one overshadows your diamond.
If your stone was my, I would choose a setting with less gold than the original and without diamonds front and back.
I think you have a stone so beautiful that it is a pity hide it with exaggerated setting.

sorry for my english.

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
I have to say I like your original setting better. I agree that it shows off you beautiful stone more. Mabe you could prtect your stone a little more if you had split or double prongs. Just a thought.

My sister has a setting from single stone and the do LOVELY work though.

good luck
:bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also like your original setting better than this one. I do love Singlestone but there are other settings I like better. I would not consider changing the width of the w-band. I don't think it has to be the same as the e-ring shank. But I probably would add milgrain to it if going with an antique style e-ring.

One more thought, I really prefer old stones in these settings. So I'd probably like something like a Leon halo better for a modern cut stone.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1298166172|2855713 said:
I also like your original setting better than this one. I do love Singlestone but there are other settings I like better. I would not consider changing the width of the w-band. I don't think it has to be the same as the e-ring shank. But I probably would add milgrain to it if going with an antique style e-ring.

One more thought, I really prefer old stones in these settings. So I'd probably like something like a Leon halo better for a modern cut stone.

Another vote of your current setting is prettier! I do like the halo you posted in your other thread, or a similar halo. But not this SS setting. I think it overwhelems your stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results