shape
carat
color
clarity

My roller coaster upgrade continues..soon to be done!

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
Disclaimer this is LONG and I ramble a little.
So about 2 months ago I decided to upgrade, after only just 6 months. I went from a 2.54 I VS1 to a 3.20 G SI 1
I also decided to change the setting from a BGD half round tiffany to a VC halo. Anyway after waiting what felt like forever as it does, 2 days before receiving it my partner unexpectedly was rushed into emergency surgery, up until recently it has been a very stressful time and like nothing I have ever experience, he is now recovering well thankfully. When I received the ring the design was slightly different to what I had expected, once Victor discovered this he was more than happy to completely remake the ring to whatever I wanted, so instead of continuing down the path of a cushion halo I opted to change to a round, which is what I was originally going to go with. He happily and promptly made that for me and sent the setting back to me with a cz as I had my stone dismounted prior to sending back his 1st setting. As everybody knows the VC emilyas are perfection and my new one was no different, unfortunately due to my lifestyle (now I realise) and the fact that the round didn't really suit my finger, although I love the look of it still, I started to get a little crazy in the head about that whole upgrade decision. I started picking on the inclusions in my stone and wanted to immediately upgrade to a J but was advised against that thankfully, then a H VS2 of basically the same size which would have cost me many of thousands more. So yesterday I wanted to see if putting the new stone in my very 1st original solitaire setting from BGD would trigger any thoughts of what I wanted to do stone and setting wise.
Well the jeweller managed to just fit the new stone and I instantly loved it. The inclusion on the side was this time covered with a prong and I could no longer see anything from the one side view that seemed to multiply when it was unset. If I hold it up really close I can just make out the 2 tiny inclusions face up but it has to be with the right angle and lighting, and I know where they are. No body else has picked it and even the jeweller asked me if I can see them face up, he had trouble. This was suppose to be a stepping stone for me which is why I chose the SI1, HOWEVER now that its set I can actually see the size different, which while in the halo and unset I honestly couldn't really tell, although I admit its not huge and I can really, really see the difference in the G than how I remember the I, which I always thought was really white anyway. It actually makes me honestly think I may just hold onto this one. I really love this stone its gorgeous and so bright and white AND the best part is Im not even trying to convince myself because trust me when I get a bee in my bonnet over something I will just do what I do and I was ready to trade it in for the H. That $50 to set the stone saved me sooo much $$$$ So perhaps a little lesson for myself atleast put a stone in a temp setting before making a decision on it.

But now for the real question, if you guys have held on this long :lol: The new setting. I keep coming back to these plain solitaires, they continue to draw me in and I feel like they really make the diamond pop like nothing else. This is what I want my forever setting to be, regardless if I do decide to upgrade in time or not, never say never, and its lifestyle appropriate to. There has been a few that I have seen over time and loved but the two classic beauties that I am considering is the Vatche U113 or VC Gabriella, Im leaning more towards the Vatche as the knife edge catches my eye a little more and I have had the BGD half round tiffany so I feel I have tried that and ready for a new style shank. Im also going with a half eternity uprong band which Im still stuck on which pointers. Currently thinking 10's or possible 12/13's. The 13's look better than the 10 in a couple of cz bands I tried out, however these are not set in a uprong so I don't know if that will make a big difference.

So there you have it, all of that to come straight back to the plain old solitaire setting...pretty crazy and very costly but I honestly always wanted a VC halo, unfortunately its just not meant for me. At this stage I don't plan on selling it, as it has a cz I may wear it on the weekends for something different.
As always I highly recommend BGD Lesley and Jamie which I don't often deal with although unfortunately had to witness the crazy side of me this time round but hopefully all will be forgiven :oops:
Victor was generous and prompt and honestly I highly recommend his work and have no issue working with him again, hopefully that's two sided :lol:

But yeah if you guys have anything to add feel free. Thanks for reading :D

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Glad your partner is doing better- scary times!

Can you elaborate a little more about what made the Emilya not a good fit for your lifestyle? Victor has my stone now, also for an Emilya (but with cathedral shoulders) and reading your post has me a little nervous!

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Logan Sapphire it certainly was.

Please do not let my post make you nervous in anyway. Deep down I probably knew pave and in particular a halo was just to delicate for me. I train daily sometimes twice, mainly consisting of power lifting so therefore regardless of setting my rings need to be removed. Also I am getting more involved in volunteer work with animals and walking dogs which can get rough. Also then the thought of how dirty they will get and very quickly to. The final deciding factor was that myself and my partner believed the round halo just didn't suit my finger :angryfire: As I mentioned I still absolutely love the look of it and will wear it on weekends when I go out. With a plain solitaire setting I can wear my ring a lot more often throughout the day than what I feel I could with the pave halo.

Unless you are particularly rough, very active with your hands you should be fine. This is just my thoughts, I could probably get away with wearing it at most times with the exception of training. I did actually see a pic with the cathedral and I think it looked stunning. You will be very happy I have no doubt at all.

Cant wait to see your pics when you receive it :D

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing your story and luckily your partner is recovering.

Please share some pices of the new stone in the 'old' setting and the VC with the CZ. You could also have a colored stone set in the Emilya. That will also be amazing.

And yes, some are lucky to find their dream setting in one go. I had quite a few settings for my 5ct OEC until I finally found it's forever home: the Sophia by Victor Canera.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Paula! I completely feel your situation so please do not feel bad at all! We are all here for you! :wavey:

You are extremely luck to own a super ideal 3+ ct MRB (in a G color :cheeky: )! I think a solitaire is the way to go based upon how you described your lifestyle earlier. I would go to a Tiffany's and try on their classic knife edge setting and see how comfortable it is for you. I personally prefer the rounded shank of my VC Gabriella--it is absolutely the most comfortable ring that I own. And like I mentioned in my other thread, if I ever turn in my current BGD stone, you should snatch it up immediately! ;))

However, if you want additional horizontal coverage across your finger, I think a 3 stone w/ pear sides would also look fantastic (ala tweeter's reset or even diamondnut's old ring)! :love:

Just my 2cents! :))

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
paulav|1407846375|3730787 said:
So perhaps a little lesson for myself atleast put a stone in a temp setting before making a decision on it.

I think this is great advice, and a great lesson to take away.

I'm glad to hear your partner is doing better, and I also think you could make a stunning RHR with the VC halo and a coloured stone!

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Acinom.

Yes I was actually thinking about eventually finding an OEC to put in the setting but a coloured stone would work beautifully, I love light pinks and blues.

Here are a couple of pics I have taken over the last few days. My VC with a cz and my new stone in the BGD tiffany setting. Yes its tight my fingers have gone up atleast a good size in the last few months for some reason :nono:

10588996_10203360964918843_2136642263_n.jpg

10603459_10203386090386964_2717430241739113067_n.jpg

10609185_10203374852506024_907727855_n.jpg

10609390_10203374852986036_1987295914_n.jpg

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
Awww thanks so much Mom2boys, it does make me feel better about it all.
Yes a solitaire is what I honestly believe is the best setting for me, and Im continually drawn to them. I did actually look at those particular 3 stone setting prior to going back to the solitaire but I know for me I don't really like the look of a 3 stone on my finger, although I have never tried one with pear sides. I have half way tried on the tiffany setting, the problem is they don't usually have my size in stock so its hard to get an idea of most things really. That didn't seem uncomfortable, although not the best example due to fitting but that is why I thought the U113 would be fine as I haven't really heard anyone complain about any discomfort. I certainly haven't ruled out the gabriella, you know I absolutely love your solitaire...arh and your AVC....these are without a doubt some of my absolute top favourites. As much I am very happy with my stone now, yeah I think we both know I will be completely tempted if you ever trade your stone in, so yes please let me be first in line. :naughty:
Thanks again for all your valuable input, I truly always love to hear what you have to say. :D

Thank you EvangelineG I really appreciate that.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The solitaire looks so sophisticated on you and the stone so big. Beautiful look.

I honestly must say that I do love the Emilya on your hand and I feel it would look gorgeous with a colored stone for added contrast. You have 2 beautiful rings :love:

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much Acinom

I definitely would have a hard time letting go of the emilya. I may need to get your opinion on some stones down the track you seem to have a very good eye for coloured stones, both of your blue stones I have seen are amazing. One thing with PS everybody is always so encouraging of new projects :lol:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are here to enable you anytime you need us for potential bling projects! :bigsmile:

But I must say your solitaire doe look gorgeous on you! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1407886517|3731147 said:
We are here to enable you anytime you need us for potential bling projects! :bigsmile:

But I must say your solitaire doe look gorgeous on you! :love:

It really does look perfect on you. :love:
And best wishes for your partner's full recovery!

DC519

Rough_Rock
Yes, I second the request for photos of the VC Emilya! Would love to see real life perspective--real diamond or not--I have never seen an Emilya that I didn't like! :love: :love: :love:

I may be in the minority here, but I really like the Emilya on your hand! However, I prefer really thin shanks and halos which the Emilya has, so my opinion may not be a valid one for you.

You sound like me though, I feel I turn myself upside down and around trying to make decisions. I think you have a beautiful diamond and whatever setting you choose, it will be stunning!!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not that this will be helpful... But I get where you are coming from. I was not comfortable with my halo, although I loved it and always received compliments on it. I decided, after almost a full year of looking at settings, to go with the Evelyn by VC. It was a nice compromise. I'm so glad I did.

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again Mom2boys...and its looks like you may have me leaning more towards the Gabriella now :loopy:

Thank you Missy and I really do appreciate your well wishes :)

DC519 Arh yes those damn decisions :lol: and thank you.

Mayk Yay Im not the only one :roll: I actually had second thoughts very last minute before I received the work order and was considering going with the Gabriella with the pave, but was talked out of it because I had gone on and on about the emilya halo for the previous 7 months. Still now I want a pave eternity band....what can I say...I still eat blue cheese occasionally even though I know it breaks me out in a rash for a day or so. Pave is just so ridiculously pretty :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results