shape
carat
color
clarity

My Princess wanted a Princess

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

art00005

Rough_Rock
I bought a Princess cut with the following specs:
1.08ct
VS1, F,
5.87 x 5.68 x 3.95
G/G, M-S.THK., EGL,
Depth 69.6, Table 77.3, Crown 7.2, Pavillion 46.0,

I thought I did Ok, now I am a little scared. I paid $5000 for the diamond. Can someone re-assure me or let me know where I can improve. I can get my money back or exchange for a different piece.
Thanks,
Art

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The one most important thing with this is "is it brilliant"? If unimpressive - it just means that the cut of this stone did not fulfill it's purpose and much remains to be desired. Otherwise - not much remains to say. there is no blatant red flag (durability issues) with those numbers. Also, with no way to predict light return from such numbers I have no way to say wether this is nice or not so nice.

One way to go about this is see wether there is a princess cut with some light return test in place for comparable specs and price (GodOldGold, Whiteflas in the "expert selection" posts such stones with IdealScope in place)... and probably other shops too, but I do not know of them. Given the cert on this is EGL, you may want to match the price for GIA certified stones with one color and/or clarity grade below...

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This may not be what you want to hear but the proportions sound disastrous. PASS ON THIS STONE and continue the hunt. It sounds very similar to the "common princess" we have in our "learning stones" section.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I know you can't judge princess stones by the numbers...blah blah blah.....but oh dear, that doesn't look good at all....Not that it can't be pretty....but you could do much better for that price and have a super beautiful stone!! And I wouldn;t deal with the same jeweler. I have become a jeweler snob....if they sell cr*p, I ain't buying even if they can find me a great stone...it just bothers me that they would have sold me that one in the first place. Any jeweler can get you just about any stone....picking the diamond isn't the hard part sometimes!

art00005

Rough_Rock
Thank you one and all! I have decided to pass on the diamond and continue my search. Thanks to everyone for your opinions and for the alternative diamond suggestions. I hope you all will be just as helpful when I find the next choice!!

Art

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results