shape
carat
color
clarity

My new SuperbCert diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I''ve done it again.
2.gif

Many of you know I bought a stone from Barry back in December. It is a 1.35 G color, I-1 clarity and I put it into a Vatche 3 stone with sapphires on the sides for our 25th wedding anniversary.

Well since then I couldn''t help but notice how poorly cut the diamond in my wedding ring was. I knew it was not a great quality stone and that it was a deep cut. It was sold to me (uncertified) as a J, .93c, I-1 clarity. I loved it and wore it for years and the only thing that sometimes bothered me was the color. Lately, though, the deep cut and poor clarity have also bothered me. My local jeweler re-set it for me in 1998 into a setting that I still really like. At that time, he appraised it as a .94, I-1, J/K color.

Now, in the real world, I''m told, most women do not buy new diamonds all that often. And while I knew my husband would be open to the idea eventually, I also knew that this was not the best time. So, last month I had a couple of changes made to my wedding ring, thinking that even if I don''t love the stone, I can make some small improvements now. I had a new, low platinum 4 prong head put on it and added a couple of "surprise diamonds" to the sides. When I picked it up from the jeweler and showed it to my husband, I commented that eventually I''d like to upgrade the center stone. He said he thought we could swing it early next year...maybe this Christmas. He also said, "What are we talking here...$2-3 thousand?"

I then officially entered the "just looking" phase which I''d never really left since I got my first SuperbCert stone in December. I always thought that the ideal stone for my wedding ring would be an H or I colored stone betweeen .90-1.00 carats. When I heard what my husband thought we''d be able to spend, I decided that the perfect diamond would be an "I squared" meaning and I color, I-1 clarity. Well, low and behold, last week, my ideal stone popped up on Barry''s "new stones" list!

Everything was perfect but the timing, lol. My husband is a good sport, though, and I grabbed this baby like a wild pitch. It arrived today and it''s amazing! But...the mean man I married won''t let me have it set until Christmas, since it is my Christmas gift.
angryfire.gif

Pictures will follow this post... Pictures on my hand will take months and months.

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Can't wait to see the pictures...then the added bonus pictures after Christmas!

Edited to add: Congratulatiosn on your new purchase! And on having such wonderful hubby!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
This shows the inclusions. It seems I've found an eye-clean I-1!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I'm having to resize them to fit here...Here is a collage that Judah, Barry's son put together:

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh WOW!!! Check out those amazing H&As!!!! It is BEAUTIFUL!!! You go girl!! (it's amazing how we're all still married)
1.gif

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
WOW Patty- Awesome stone- congrats!
Barry does have a lot of stunning diamonds.Finding I/1's with such great cuts- and imperfections which are spread around and unobtrusive- not easy to find. Great Job.

I would never be able to wait Patty- you must be a very patient woman.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh man, that's a winner. Too bad you have to wait til Christmas.
Atleast you'll have the three stone ring to keep you company.

Nice stone-Lucky gal.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I can't get the BScope to post and it's the BEST!

Here is the Sarin:

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Wow Patty! Great looking stone -- congratulations!

Boy, you must have stamina to wait until Christmas! My DH is complaining about having to wait another 2 weeks until he gets his birthday present, and knowing me, I may give in a let him have it early!
6.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!! What an awesome deal! I'm sold on lower clarities in great cuts. I couldn't go lower for a tension setting, but I'm already toying with the idea of an I1 for an alternative RHR... I'm so BAD!

In any case, CONGRATS, you done good!!!
9.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Nope, couldn't wait either. I'm very bad. Hubby says I have birthday presents to take me well into my 80's.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Man...I think I FINALLY got the B-scope to post here:

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your comments and encouragement! I love my 1.35 I-1 even though I can see the inclusion sometimes. This one looks to be eye clean so it was a HUGE bargain at $2465.

I think it may even be more sparkly than my 1.35. It may look that way because it's smaller, but I love the little flashes of light and color coming off of it!

I can wait 'till Christmas to have it set, but I think I might have promised to put it in the lock box until then. Oops. I mean, I just want to play with it until then...not wear it.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I1 my BUTT! WOW...It was meant to be, Patty.
9.gif
I bet that "I1" is better than 99.9% of diamonds you see on women's hands.
2.gif

I can't wait to see this new ring!
love.gif

Ahhh, a gal after my own heart.
appl.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
PS...anything is possible...remember my "10 yr wedding anniversay super diamond"??? Well, it's on my hand now...2+ years early.
9.gif
11.gif

And, yes, MMM--I know...and it was SUPPOSED to be a princess...
nono.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Patty
congrat, wow !!! what a stone an i-1 ? that's good news i will have to tell my wife she now can keep the 3 ct stone even if something happen's to me.

p.s.: dose'nt your husband know x-mas is in aug ?

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Well, our anniversary was on May 28 and I got my 3 stone ring on January 31, so going by the "4 months early" rule, it's almost time for my Christmas gift, isn't it?

Jennifer, do you know how many of us out here are using you as an example? "Honey, this is nothing! You should see my friend Jennifer..."

noobie

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 8/18/2004 8:06:12 PM Patty wrote:

Jennifer, do you know how many of us out here are using you as an example? 'Honey, this is nothing! You should see my friend Jennifer...'
----------------

LOL, Holy Crap us guys are all in deep trouble now

2.gif

Fantastic stone Patty! Don't you just love those I1 bargains that look like SI's.
appl.gif

wanderlost

Shiny_Rock
I'd like to chime in that the SYMMETRY on that stone is absolutely STUNNING.... the funny thing is, the Sarin doesn't bare out how good the IS images look (tolerances are rather normal on angle deviance).... the white image in the H&A image is just a smidge off of plum.... BUT LOOK AT THAT IS pic! See how all the shafts of the arrows are nicely centered on the arrowheads? but... but... look at all the WONDERFULLY uniform black trianges (both the ones between the arrows around the edge of the table & the little ones at the bases of the arrows.....) - I have to think that these stones with great symmetry (and well cut to begin with) are superb performers on the BS 99% of the time.... then again, it looks like your stone nearly gave the BS a heart attack!

Absolutely stunning & a REAL bargain!

1.gif
This is EXACTLY why I hate ruling out ANY diamonds from my search(es).... I wouldn't normally include I1s (heck, I usually don't include SI1s).... but MAN O MAN.... I wish I had found this diamond first
naughty.gif
2.gif
1.gif

Super-CONGRATS!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Why, why, why...thank you, Wanderlost! You had me scrolling up to re-examine my arrows. I had no idea that my triangles were so nice! I DID get excited at the B-scope, though. I almost never see white light that high, especially when the colored light is that high too. As for wishing you'd seen it first, I may have set a record on putting a stone on hold at SuperbCert. I think it had JUST hit the "new stones" list when I saw it and e-mailed him. Lucky for me that I check Barry's website every 5 minutes.
9.gif

Yes, noobie, these I-1s are amazing bargains, aren't they? Barry said he showed this stone along with a VS stone to a client the other day without saying which was which and the client chose this as the prettier stone!

vtigger, Go ahead and leave your 3 ct. to your wife. Sometimes wives get their feelings hurt when guys leave diamonds to women they met on the internet.

Carmel

Shiny_Rock
Patty ~ You had better turn on those feminine wiles and do something about all this “wait until Christmas” talk. Can you convert to a new faith or something…anything to move the date up!

Anyway, it’s outrageous, gorgeous, luscious, scrumptious…

~ Carmel

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a super diamond all around Patty. Great optics, an unsually clean I1 and what a price! If only some of us ladies here could have hubbies like yours, Jennifer's and cflutist's. Please share the secrets of your feminine charms.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Hey, Patty...Did you know that...

September 14 is National Cream-filled Donut Day ... and
September 23 is Checkers Day and Dogs In Politics Day ... and
September 26 is National Good Neighbor Day and National Pancake Day ??????

A new fabulous diamond would be a most appropriate gift to commemorate any of these fine holidays.
9.gif
11.gif

Well, you know what my husband says about me???? "Wicked but good."
2.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/19/2004 9:21:20 AM chrono wrote:

Please share the secrets of your feminine charms.----------------

Hey now, this is a family forum.
3.gif

Good idea on the new religion, Carmel. I'm thinking about worshipping cream filled donuts.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not touching those last few posts with a ten foot pole
6.gif

Patty, do you know if Barry would actually go and look for stones in those specs. It seems like they are few and and far between on his site and one needs to be opportunistic. But what fantastic bargains they are!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results