color
clarity

my new studs and a question

diamond6

Rough_Rock
hi all,

here are my new studs-- my first diamonds ever
WF, ACA, Both are G, SI1, 0.5ct each

they look good but i need to go out and check them out in the sun to see them sparkle.

my question is--

i went to a jewellery store this morning and was looking at studs and there was a pair of studs there which was I color VS clarity, no mention of cut grade for the set, the diamonds have no certificate but in the store under their lights, my WF-ACA, G, SI1 studs were identical in color and sparkle to the studs in store. Will my ACA studs have better color and sparkle outside in the sun? or without all the overhead lights?

The studs in the store were 1K cheaper than what I paid, so I am trying to figure out how my studs are better than those. I understand that mine have ideal cut and a AGS certificate but if they seems identical and sparkle same do I need to spend extra 1K ? please help.

1_diamond.jpg

2_diamond.jpg

Magpie4426

Shiny_Rock
It is known that jewellery store lights are very effective at making stones look very bright and shiny. On paper, your stones are definitely better, to a trained eye, your stones would most likely look better - the question is really whether you can tell the difference, or whether you mind the difference.

My 2c is that only paying $1,000 more for ACA diamonds seems like a good deal. I'd keep the ACA's, but again, it is up to you.

PS - don't forget to post earshot's! I'd love to see your new earrings, they sound fab

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unless you live in the jewelry store, I am betting your diamonds are going to outperform those in many other lighting conditions! I sold my old studs to get ACA's and the extra money was definitely worth it to me (and mine were a lot more than $1k more than my old ones).

diamond6

Rough_Rock
ty all for help choosing, i decided to keep my WF ACA studs, will post pictures soon, excited..

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ACA's sparkle everywhere ! Nice earrings!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
I have some WF aca studs too :bigsmile:

When I compare them to a common cut round brilliant I have that's about the same size, I find that the ACAs are slightly brighter at close distance, but really outshine the common cut when viewed from across the room. In my opinion ACAs (and other precision cut diamonds) are far more likely to get noticed.

When my common rb gets dirty it goes really dead, but when my ACAs get dirty (welcome to suncreen season), they still seem to keep a bit of sparkle.

Remember to keep them clean and they will dazzle all day.

Enjoy them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results