shape
carat
color
clarity

my JA oval fell through:(

Wmiod

Rough_Rock
Let me say that JA was very helpful and patient with me on my oval search, which involved lots of live chat, emails & 3 ASET images.

I was perusing their "recently purchased" gallery when I noticed an oval with the same exact specs as mine. The icon showed my diamond! It has two somewhat unique features which I quickly identified in the ring 360. not only was I bummed that it had been previously mounted, but the performance wasn't to my liking. I did live chat immediately and canceled my order. The funds should be returned to me tomorrow AM.

I only have good things to say about JA and their customer service. After being probably the most difficult customer I am walking away empty handed.

I have reached out to other vendors to see what they have. Finding an oval diamond on a limited budget is literally like searching for a needle in a haystack.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear that the stone was not to your liking but glad you were able to identify it and cancel before it got sent out.

Can you give us a link to the stone and ring images? It would be nice to learn from your experience.

Did we help pick out the stone? Can we help you to find another stone?

Have you tried enchanted diamonds? Their videos/pictures are not the best but it's the only other place I know to look for
fancy cut stones unless you want to go with GOG.

Edit - Is it the 1.2 J? If I saw the same video you saw of the stone mounted I dont know how you could tell anything at that
angle. That angle is not flattering for any oval. You really needed to see the stone straight on. My only other thought is
it looks to have the color of a J and you can see the tint in it. Were you expecting that much color?

Wmiod

Rough_Rock
It was the 1.2 J. I'll try to post pics later, preoccupied with kiddos at the moment.

I did factor that the video would perhaps not flatter the diamond, but it was not only overall look of the stone. it was just a *smidge* more color than I was expecting for a J (and I really have a high tolerance for color!) but the real deal breaker for me was 1) 2 black spots of light loss I was told my a rep that would probably not be visible but per the video they definitely linger. And again, probably on my hand it wouldn't be visible but I'd know it was there. Also 2) I know there are probably tons of returned diamonds on JA because of their policy, but theres a difference I feel between *maybe* this has been mounted before and flat out knowing that it has. It just didn't feel right anymore to me. and 3) obviously hazy spot

I have finally done what I should have and emailed GOG!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh great! It is good you caught that other image of the stone you ordered and could cancel. I am so glad you contacted GOG! Call if the email response is slow. They are just the best at locating good fancy shapes and their videos have helped me immensely! Good luck!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just keep in mind that almost all stones at an angle will show some kind of window or leakage. That's why we really only evaluate
them straight on. I understand the J color tint and the feeling that someone has rejected it before. Doesn't give you a warm fuzzy
feeling!

I'm sure you will find what you are looking for...ovals take time.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, silly question...why are you looking at Js again? :(sad

Wmiod

Rough_Rock
I know, I know. But it's the only way I can afford the spread I want:(

Should I really not?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
J is likely to show color concentration in areas. I would not go lower than I color in an oval. You really need to adjust the budget or go smaller with your stone. A higher color appears whiter/brighter, and that is pretty important in a stone like an oval that is less brilliant than some others.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wmiod|1438041389|3908132 said:
I know, I know. But it's the only way I can afford the spread I want:(

Should I really not?

Well, considering you pasted on the last stone because of the tint I think you need to drop in size and go higher in color.

(Yes, it's a painful trade-off :errrr: .) Anyway you could save more money or is your budget set?

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wmiod- as a vendor I can not make specific recommendations- but even a little searching around will yield many other viable sellers of fancy shaped diamonds.
By all means, do some searching with a variety of sellers til you find a stone with all the qualities you are looking for.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results