shape
carat
color
clarity

My heart goes out to this poor guy...

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I just cried a little! I feel so horrible for them. I so hope that the person who purchased the coat, finds the ring and decideds to do the right thing and return it. Karma goes a very long way in my book.

EDIT: I thought that Goodwill always sent their clothing to a dry cleaners before putting it out to be sold?

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
Oh poor guy, I wish a store would donate a ring to this lovely young couple you can tell they are hard working people who need a break ;(

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I 'heard' that it was found. I was telling my mom the story and she said that if it's the same one that she read that it was returned, but really how many stories like this can there be? :errrr:

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I have a happy update: I heard on the news this morning that a jeweler donated a new ring to the guy after hearing his story!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Tanzigrrl|1334758870|3174148 said:
I have a happy update: I heard on the news this morning that a jeweler donated a new ring to the guy after hearing his story!

Oh wow! Thats a much better ending than my moms 'I heard it was found' :rolleyes: :lol:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tanzigrrl said:
great news'

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tanzigrrl|1334758870|3174148 said:

Oh thank heaven's for the kind souls of some people!!! That's wonderful news!

As for the person who now thinks they've won the "diamond in the pocket lottery"... karma is a bitch... and you don't want to piss her off! (just sayin'!!!)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, poor guy. It's so lovely that a nice jeweler donated a ring. Still feel horrible for him though, since it's probably not the same as the ring she really wanted.

LLCALI

Rough_Rock
Oh my. I can only imagine the feeling of utter DREAD that must have come over him. I think I would probably pass out cold!!

I'm so glad to hear that a ring was donated to them. It's always so nice to hear of good deeds!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
OMG, this reminds me of something that happened during my recent move. I donated a TON of stuff to a local thrift shop. When I started unpacking after the move, I couldn't find my old but still functional iPhone (I had just upgraded and was planning to give the extra to my DH) or...far worse...the box I keep all my loose colored stones in. I kind of panicked, called the thrift store, was told they didn't remember seeing anything like that when they were pricing items but if they were there at one point, they certainly weren't still there. :errrr: Fortunately, I later found both things in a small box inside a larger box, which I didn't remember having put there. I think I was just so stressed and distracted that I put them someplace "safe" which was apparently too much so!

Anyway, I'm happy the story has a good ending for this couple but sad for him that nobody returned the original ring he had spent so much time picking out.

snoopkat

Shiny_Rock
Oh it's great news that a jeweller has donated a ring to them, hopefully she'll love it as much as the original ring.

Hope whoever finds the ring is smart enough not to brag about it on PS!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results