shape
carat
color
clarity

My diamond- no angles?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

skh6170

Rough_Rock
Hi, I have a question. I am trying to buy a diamond from Diamonds.com and hve the GIA report but it doesn't state crown angles or pavillion on it. Just the Table and Girdle (60%T and 61.6%D)- I just came out of a horrible experience with another internet co. and am a little scared. How do I find out the angles?
Ps. Diamonds.com says the cut is excellent it is a .86 H SI1 and I am paying $2750- Sound ok?

Thanks in advance for anyones help,
Sandra:wink2:

skh6170

Rough_Rock
I'm sorry I forgot to gove dimentions for my diamond of interese
6.06-6.14x3.76 with a thin to slightly thick girdle
polish VG
Symmetry G

Please help,
Sandra:tongue:

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
ask them to do a Sarin report for you.

if they will not then go to vendors who will.

You can search by cut quality on the front page, all those stones have angle data.

There are excellent vendors around here who will give you these services.

Would you like to tell us about your bad experiance.
We like to help others avoid this, and stop traders from doing bad stuff too.

skh6170

Rough_Rock
My bad experience was with Best Gem. I purchased what I thought was a .88 F SI1 Ideal cut with an EGL report. What I got was a .88 F I1 (at best the appraisor said) EGL Israel (I was told)- I knew immediately but had it appraised anyhow. I paid $2660 for it. I sent it back the next morning and because it was my first on-line purchase and I felt I had already been sort of taken advantage of I was very nervous about getting my money back. I had an extremely harsh conversation with the manager (I think he was the manager)- he got VERY angry with me and told me because I call every day about my refund he was putting my paperwork for a refund at the bottom of the list. I started to cry and asked him please to not yell at me and please do not make my refund last because I needed that money. Later that day I received a very nice e-mail from a different representative there who appologized and said that English was not his native language and he was frustrated with me because I didn't seem to understand it takes time for a refund. She assured me my refund had been done- and it indeed had gone through. Not to sound dramatic but this experience terrified me.
Thnaks for your help I will ask diamonds.com to run a Sarin report on Monday before the purchase goes through. Does the fact they say it is an "Excellent" cut mean anything? Thanks for your help

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
https://www.pricescope.com/tutor_agsideal.asp
Read this and you will see why one persons excellent may not be anothers.

Thanks for sharing your story. We are constantly amazed at how far off other cert standards EGL Israel and IGI certificates can be. I know this is a concern to EGL USA because they tend to get tar from the same brush.
BestGem.com do indeed stock mostly EGL certed diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results