shape
carat
color
clarity

My diamond is here! Help me choose a setting!

SeeingSunshine

Rough_Rock
Well here it is... my .7 carat J VS1 AVR! I love it and can't wait until I have time to break out my macro lens to get some decent pictures.

img_2026.jpg

That is the best picture I can manage for now!

My boyfriend and I are still trying to figure out how to set it. Originally I was set on a classic 6-prong solitaire setting, but now I'm thinking about a pillbox style ring from Hearts of Water. There are so many gorgeous settings out there, I'm having a hard time making up my mind :loopy: The only thing I know for sure is I would like yellow gold.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

duckduckgoose

Rough_Rock
Ooo so exciting! I love the AVR. I bet it would look fab in one of those vintage-y Erika Winters settings :naughty:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SeeingSunshine! what a beautiful stone.. I love AVRs.. someday maybe I can buy one.. I hope....congratulations and I recommend a beautiful setting with pave.. but that is me.. I love your stone. :appl: :appl:

SeeingSunshine

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the replies!

Chrono, yes I have scoured that thread and the rings under 1 carat thread! So many gorgeous designs, but I'm having a hard time finding something I see myself wearing.

DuckDuckGoose, I've loved AVRs since I laid my eyes on them! I wouldn't mind an Octavia in the future either! The Erica Winters rings are so pretty, but not really my style overall. I am very excited to see her upcoming wedding band collection though!

Tekate, thank you! I love AVRs and AVCs, pretty much all the cuts GOG has branded. I love pave, but I'm afraid of the stones coming loose.

Lately I've been super inspired by Mochiko42's projects. I really like the whimsical, "fairy tale" like style of the HoW pieces. The idea of shipping my gem off to Thailand is so scary though! If I decide it's what I really want I may order a less precious ring from them and see how the whole process goes before I ship off my diamond.

This is the setting I'm currently liking. One of Mochiko42's projects from a while back, I hope she doesn't mind me posting!

mochikopillboxring.jpg

Gorgeous ring, but I don't know if they could change out the scroll detail for something else. Any ideas?

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock
Hi SeeingSunshine,

re: "Gorgeous ring, but I don't know if they could change out the scroll detail for something else. Any ideas?"

lin_ny has a lovely setting with petals: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/got-me-a-fianc%C3%A9-my-oec-in-an-18k-rose-gold-bezel-by-erd.194098/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/got-me-a-fianc%C3%A9-my-oec-in-an-18k-rose-gold-bezel-by-erd.194098/[/URL]

Also, the Tacori Starlit has a petal-like bottom.

Congratulations on finding a stone you love. Have fun finding your perfect setting.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your AVR! I'm excited to see how you set it! I understand what you mean about having so many choices. Your inspiration ring is pretty! I would want to add cathedral shoulders onto it, too. Lin ny's bezel ring is gorgeous, too. You can hardly go wrong having such a pretty diamond.

SeeingSunshine

Rough_Rock
sweet_blossom|1424827803|3837736 said:
Hi SeeingSunshine,

re: "Gorgeous ring, but I don't know if they could change out the scroll detail for something else. Any ideas?"

lin_ny has a lovely setting with petals: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/got-me-a-fianc%C3%A9-my-oec-in-an-18k-rose-gold-bezel-by-erd.194098/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/got-me-a-fianc%C3%A9-my-oec-in-an-18k-rose-gold-bezel-by-erd.194098/[/URL]

Also, the Tacori Starlit has a petal-like bottom.

Congratulations on finding a stone you love. Have fun finding your perfect setting.

Thank you! That ring is beautiful, I love the petal details!

SeeingSunshine

Rough_Rock
daintyG|1424832122|3837771 said:
Congrats on your AVR! I'm excited to see how you set it! I understand what you mean about having so many choices. Your inspiration ring is pretty! I would want to add cathedral shoulders onto it, too. Lin ny's bezel ring is gorgeous, too. You can hardly go wrong having such a pretty diamond.

Thank you, DaintyG! I love delicate looking rings like your emerald cut!

SeeingSunshine

Rough_Rock
Here are some shots with my macro lens. They're not the best, but I'm still figuring out how to use it! :think:

unnamed__1__2.jpg

unnamed__2__8.jpg

unnamed_41.jpg

hidingpearl

Rough_Rock
SeeingSunshine your AVR is divine. I can't wait to see what setting you and your boyfriend decide on :) It's getting me so excited to receive mine!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SeeingSunshine, congrats on your new AVR! It's gorgeous!!! Love it! :) the pillbox style is nice and Sally can change the basket design, I would set it lower if I did it again. One thing though, I think the bezel pillbox ring works best for stacking with multiple bands. If you're planning to wear it alone or with only one band, something like lin's ring would be amazing... Hers is one of my all time fave rings. [emoji7]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results