shape
carat
color
clarity

My August Vintage Cushion!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone. I am a long time stalker of PS and this will be my first post. I just want to say thanks for all the education and resources that you all provide. My fiancee and I chose an August Vintage cushion cut for my engagement ring. I worked with Matt at GOG he was very nice and the diamond is so beautiful. I wanted a diamond with a warmer color (M), I think they are prettier, and I wanted a cushion and I found both at GOG. When I opened the box I couldn''t believe how gorgeous it was. Sparkles like no jewelry store diamond I''ve ever seen. I didn''t have it set because we want a custom setting with some sort of plumeria motif (simple yet well done) and tiny fancy yellows( a trip to Leon''s?). If anyone out there wants a beautiful diamond GOG is definitely the place to get it.
Specs:
color M
carat 1.23
clarity VVS2

L1020285.jpg

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
another pic.

L1020287.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply perfect!
30.gif

IwannaCushion

Rough_Rock
LOVE it! I have one too...Never thought of having plumerias as a motif in the ering. Please come back with lots of pictures.

reggie

Rough_Rock
Treenbean – I really like your cushion. I’m curious what setting you end up choosing.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
thats is absolute perfection! cant wait to see the ring!

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Plumeria is my fiancee''s favorite flower. We live in Pa and have had a plumeria shrub in our house for the last 5 years. This is the first time it has flowered! Guess it was just the right time. I will post pics when it is done.
26.gif
26.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
That.Stone.Is.EXQUISITE! What a glorious cushion! Congratulations and I can''t wait to see how you set it.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
30.gif

I know it's just a matter of personal preference but that is the size and shape of cutlet in relation to the rest of the stone that I prefer. If you look at antique stones like the Cullinan II you can see that there is a certain shape cutlets had (the shape of the stone) and a certain size. That's what your stone looks like to me. It's very appealing to me! I like the color and the clarity of your stone too!

Congrats!!!

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2010 11:40:17 PM
Author: Imdanny
30.gif

I know it's just a matter of personal preference but that is the size and shape of cutlet in relation to the rest of the stone that I prefer. If you look at antique stones like the Cullinan II you can see that there is a certain shape cutlets had (the shape of the stone) and a certain size. That's what your stone looks like to me. It's very appealing to me! I like the color and the clarity of your stone too!

Congrats!!!
Imdanny,

Chicken Cutlet is food
3.gif
. Diamonds can have a culet no t before the l.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its beautiful, congratulations!!!

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 12:17:03 AM
Author: ChunkyCushionLover

30.gif

I know it''s just a matter of personal preference but that is the size and shape of cutlet in relation to the rest of the stone that I prefer. If you look at antique stones like the Cullinan II you can see that there is a certain shape cutlets had (the shape of the stone) and a certain size. That''s what your stone looks like to me. It''s very appealing to me! I like the color and the clarity of your stone too!

Congrats!!!
Imdanny,

It''s interesting that you say that. In the beginning I was on a serious hunt for an antique stone that looked like the Pitt/Regent diamond, but as they are hard to come by and the optics are not great I went another route. I am not sorry one bit. Oh by the way I miss-type culet all the time, mind moves faster than fingers.....

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2010 6:51:00 AM
Author: Treenbean
Date: 3/12/2010 12:17:03 AM
Author: ChunkyCushionLover

30.gif

Congrats!!!
Imdanny,

It's interesting that you say that. In the beginning I was on a serious hunt for an antique stone that looked like the Pitt/Regent diamond, but as they are hard to come by and the optics are not great I went another route. I am not sorry one bit. Oh by the way I miss-type culet all the time, mind moves faster than fingers.....
It happens a lot, many times culet types as cutlet, I have done it myself and I think you are right - mind moves faster than fingers! Its easily done.

starshine

Shiny_Rock
30.gif

I know it''s just a matter of personal preference but that is the size and shape of cutlet in relation to the rest of the stone that I prefer. If you look at antique stones like the Cullinan II you can see that there is a certain shape cutlets had (the shape of the stone) and a certain size. That''s what your stone looks like to me. It''s very appealing to me! I like the color and the clarity of your stone too!

Congrats!!!

Ditto on the culet! LOVE IT!!!
30.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful macro photography treebean.

Thank you for the kind words as I have passed your regards to Matt too who sends his gratitude. Your pix reminds me of the shots Arjuna took which were beautiful. Thanks for your patronage and for sharing.

Kind regards,

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 3:24:53 PM
Author: Rhino

Thank you for the kind words as I have passed your regards to Matt too who sends his gratitude. Your pix reminds me of the shots Arjuna took which were beautiful. Thanks for your patronage and for sharing.

Kind regards,
Yeah
30.gif
the customers who seem to want the best in light performance are also the ones who take the best photographs.
Tree what kind of camera and setup did you take those pictures with?

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thud. My heart just skipped a beat! Gorgeous stone! Congratulations and come back with hand shots!

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
My camera is a Leica V-Lux. Used the manual focus macro, but I had to play with the settings to get them to come out right. I''m just lucky right now because the plumeria decided to bloom this winter. Pairing a beautiful stone with a beautiful flower really made the difference.
21.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why cant I have a flower grow like that in my yard? It looks like it just sprang up and there was a
beautiful diamond in the middle...your diamond is lovely and you take lovely pictures as well!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Leica makes some excellent glass. Both of our tri-nocular head microscopes are made by Leica and they''re flawless. The timing of the flower and the gem is fascinating too. Always interesting to learn the photographic setups. Enjoy and if you take any more great shots like that please share!

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 3:24:53 PM
Author: Rhino

Kind regards,

Thank you for producing such beautiful diamonds. When I opened to box it was really floored, I don''t know how you can focus at work with all the diamond distraction. My fiancee couldn''t believe how it sparkles either. It''s a shame we didn''t get to talk, I feel like I know you from watching all the videos, but Matt was great. I have to say too, I love the color of the stone, there is something to be said about faintly colored diamonds. Thanks again

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
when the picture of your stone popped up on my screen I said out load WOW.. It''s BEAUTIFUL!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness it is stunning!!! Those warmer-colored AVCs are just truly to die for - congrats!!

soontomarry2

Shiny_Rock
Concerning cut, fire, brilliance, scintilation, etc.. How does a Regular Cushion Cut and August Vintage cushion Cut differ from a Round Cut Diamond?

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 7:21:35 PM
Author: soontomarry2
Concerning cut, fire, brilliance, scintilation, etc.. How does a Regular Cushion Cut and August Vintage cushion Cut differ from a Round Cut Diamond?
http://www.vimeo.com/5219738 take a look towards the end. You be the judge.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results