shape
carat
color
clarity

More to choose from, all HCA 1-2 range!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tdha

Rough_Rock
Our jeweler is bringing in the big performers now. He is really listening to our concerns and trying to get just what we want. I have learned SO much on this site, I love it! At this point it is more for fun because I have learned a lot. What do you think?

1)59.8% depth, 59% table, 33.5° crown angle, 40.8° pavilion angle
Ideal cut 0(AGS)
F VS2
HCA

2)62% depth, 56% table, 35° crown angle, 40.8° pavilion angle
F VS1
GIA Excellent
HCA 1.6

3)61.9% depth, 57% table, 35� crown angle, 40.8� pavilion angle
G VS2
Excellent GIA
HCA 1.7

4)60.9% depth, 57% table, 34.9� crown angle, 40.7� pavilion angle
F VS1
Ideal AGS 0
HCA 1.2

5)61.7% depth, 57% table, 35� crown angle, 40.8� pavilion angle
D VS2
GIA Excellent
H&A
HCA 1.6

beach

Brilliant_Rock
3, 4 , and 5 look great with 4 being the nicest in my opinion just going off the data provided. I would pass on 1. Ideal scope would be the deciding factor.I would buy one for 25 dollars and take it to your jeweler.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
4 or 5. They''re the biggest and the numbers look great!

tdha

Rough_Rock
Beach, why the ideal scope for one? I guess I have more to learn yet.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first has a larger table so make sure you like that look compared to the ones with smaller tables.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I agree with Lorelei, and would check no. 4 first with Ideal-scope and H&A. If that works, OK.

If not, look at 2,3 and 5 as alternatives.

tdha

Rough_Rock
thanks for the advice. i am going to order the ideal scope.. hope it gets here in time!! I am seeing the stones on Sat. If it doesn''t arrive in time is there another way to get an idea if the stone is leaking light (that is what I think I am checking for esp with stone 1)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/17/2008 9:44:09 AM
Author: tdha
thanks for the advice. i am going to order the ideal scope.. hope it gets here in time!! I am seeing the stones on Sat. If it doesn''t arrive in time is there another way to get an idea if the stone is leaking light (that is what I think I am checking for esp with stone 1)
All you can do is to check out each diamond away from any store lights to see which ones are pleasing to you, with or without the IS. Jewellery store lights can be misleading and help even poorly cut diamonds sparkle of sorts, so see if you can check out each diamond in more natural light to see if you like how it behaves.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2008 9:54:27 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 12/17/2008 9:44:09 AM
All you can do is to check out each diamond away from any store lights to see which ones are pleasing to you, with or without the IS. Jewellery store lights can be misleading and help even poorly cut diamonds sparkle of sorts, so see if you can check out each diamond in more natural light to see if you like how it behaves.
Ditto. And put them under the counter, or cup them away from light. See which ones go "flat", and which still look slightly sparkly.

Really take your time, and have fun!! And let us know what you pick.

Last, but certainly not least, thank your jeweler for actually listening to you, caring about what will please you, and bringing these in. One would think this is the norm, but it''s not.
2.gif

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/17/2008 12:15:03 AM
Beach, why the ideal scope for one? I guess I have more to learn yet.
When I said "one" I did not mean the number one lol :) I meant buy an ideal scope "one" and take it to your jeweler ....

tdha

Rough_Rock
OK, I ordered the ideal scope to be overnighted. I hope I can use it. Any pointers? We are really happy with our jeweler. He is an independent dealer and a friend of a friend. He does a lot of business with my husband''s co-workers. I want to buy from him because he is listening and is no pressure and friendly to boot.

Again, all your help is invaluable. When I decide I will post it. And when it is set.. again. Current thoughts are tiffany replica setting and delicate 2 mm channel band both platinum. Whew, I am starting to have with this!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/17/2008 2:16:29 PM
OK, I ordered the ideal scope to be overnighted. I hope I can use it. Any pointers? We are really happy with our jeweler. He is an independent dealer and a friend of a friend. He does a lot of business with my husband's co-workers. I want to buy from him because he is listening and is no pressure and friendly to boot.

Again, all your help is invaluable. When I decide I will post it. And when it is set.. again. Current thoughts are tiffany replica setting and delicate 2 mm channel band both platinum. Whew, I am starting to have with this!!!
Here you go, advice on how to use the IS.

http://www.ideal-scope.com/using_howto.asp

Chart to help you interpret the results.

http://www.ideal-scope.com/using_reference_chart.asp

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results