shape
carat
color
clarity

more asscher help please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dtufo

Rough_Rock
what does everyone think of this stone:

F VS1
1.11 Asscher
5.79 x 5.72 x 3.95
14.9% Crown

69.1% Depth
65% Table
Polish and Sym Excellent
Slightly Thick Girdle
No Culet
No Fl.

Also has anyone gone through Union Diamond?

Thanks
Dave

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
dtufo,

Picture doesn''t work but the stats are killer. EX/EX on an Asscher? I only know of two manufacturers that regularly stock that quality and I would bet this diamond came from one of them.

Union are honest guys. I''ve spoken with Scott a few times. This summer I was in Vegas along with about 10,000 other people and I''m standing at the registration booth getting my badge. As I''m talking to the lady the guy standing in line next to me looks and says "Jim - Jim Schultz?" It was Scott from Union - he recognized me just by my voice. What kind of luck is that? 10,000 people all registering at the same time and we end up standing in line next to each other...

dtufo

Rough_Rock
thanks for the feedback always nice to get good good feedback, i''ll try and get the pic working.
i brought these #''s into the jeweler i had been working with and they told me to scoop it up. they had one coming in for tuesday that''s g vs2 1.01 and the same price; we are going to compare the two on Tuesday. and then hopefully he''ll plop it in the setting he''s made for me and i''ll have my ring soon.

small world about bumping into scott

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Numbers look good.
What did they have to say about it?
Was it in stock or a virtual diamond?
Asschers cant be judged by the numbers alone.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/9/2004 8:57:45 PM
Author: strmrdr
Numbers look good.
What did they have to say about it?
Was it in stock or a virtual diamond?
Asschers cant be judged by the numbers alone.
I would 2nd strmrdr''s comments. Regardless of the GIA Ex/Ex grading. It''s nice but the proportions and optical symmetry of the Asscher will dictate it''s appearance and you can''t get that from a GIA Report (at least not now you can''t). 69.1 depth with a 65 table sounds like you''re off to a good start.

Strm... at what depth do you start shying away? I generally try to locate depths no greater than 67 in Asschers.

dtufo

Rough_Rock
finally i got the pic uploaded. tony made sure to find me one that had the octagonal look to it.

my asscher.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rhino from another thread here is what I look for:

An asscher is one of the hardest diamonds to pick from without someone looking at it in my opinion.
Either a trusted vendor, appraiser or yourself needs to eyeball the diamond.

I look for a table in the high 50s very low 60s.
Depth between 65% and 75%
crown 10%-15% <--- very important to add fire.
LW ratio as close to 1 as possible.
clipped cornered square vs more octagonal is personal preference Iv seen some awesome ones both ways and like the clipped cornered square look better.
Then it comes down to all eyeballs.
Are the squares well defined and concentric?
Does it have the 10 mile deep look under indirect lighting?

Id say that better than 95% of them will fail the last 2 tests in my somewhat limited experience.

I also want to add that vg or better on polish and symetry is another thing I look for.
To me it shows that the cutter took better care in cutting it and there is a better chance of the rest being right.
That isnt always the case but its something to think about.

65 is a little large for the table but if the rest is well balanced it can be ok.
With the depth of this one it could balance it out very well and the high crown should give it a lot of fire.

dtufo

Rough_Rock
i get this diamond tomorrow to look at. very exciting.

what do i do after i get the diamond? do i leave it with the jeweler who is making the setting? or do i hold it until they are ready to set it? what happens if something happens to it while it''s in their possession?

i''ve heard that places don''t insure loose stones.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results