shape
carat
color
clarity

Mom''s 5 stone ring CAD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock

So Mom turned 60 this year and it is also her 39th wedding anniversary and she wanted to celebrate it with a new wedding band. She has always loved my 5 stone ring (just like kcoursolle''s) and she knew she wanted something similar but also wanted to make it her own.

I contacted Brian and Lesley to see if they would be having some stones in the size, color, and clarity that she was looking for and they were going to be getting a few in soon. I have missed working with them since their departure from WF and even though I love working with WF and do plan on continuing to do so, I felt like working with Brain and Lesley on this project was something I really wanted to do. They have always been good to me over the years and supporting the new business plus getting some of the first new Brian Gavin signature diamonds was very appealing!

Anyways..... At first she thought that she would want to have the 5 stone ring just like mine but make it to a full eternity band with smaller melee stones. We received the CAD''s of that and she decided that it was not the look she wanted. So I did some searing of different elements and came up with the CAD below. A knife edge band with a slight split shank and a bezel diamond there with the 5 stone u-prong.

Please let me know what you think!

Thanks
35.gif

mom5stonesplit.jpg

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
LOVE it! Split shank with bezel set diamond is beautiful.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I ADORE it. That bezel set diamond in there is beautiful!

ETA: Okay I want one of those. But with sapphires in that bezel. I'm in love!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! I love the little bezel set diamonds!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore it. What a special ring for your mother.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
that ring is going to be AMAZING!! Your mom''s gonna be floored.
30.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, I can''t wait to see the finished product :D

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, I love it; you are such a fabulous daughter!!!
12.gif
Awww, bless your heart; she will love it!!
30.gif
36.gif
Can't wait to see the finished product!!! And happy Anni to your parents!!

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
Oh, very pretty, I love the bezeled diamond on the side, very nice touch.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That looks like its going to be SPECTACULAR - love the little twist on the classic 5-stone design we''ve seen - I can''t wait to see how that comes out
9.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Intrigued! The design is very cool!
May I ask, does she plan on wearing her engagement ring with this wedding band, or will it be stand alone?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just love it!!! Great design, she''ll be so happy with it. I can''t wait till it''s finished!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning! This design is incredibly elegant, she is going to adore it!!! I love love love the detailing on the band with the split and knife edge, so elegant!

I can''t wait to see how this project progresses!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know you''re not getting tired of hearing this but...I love it too! The split with the bezel makes it really unique and all your (or should I say her) own!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
WoW

That is beautiful.

Can you Mommy adopt me and leave me a ''little something'' (like that?) in her will?
31.gif

It is going to be stunning. I really like the detail at the bezel/split/knife edge. Gorgeous.

LS

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to ALL! Porridge, Diamond*Dana, Tuckins1, Deelight, MissGotRocks, HeatherL, Kaleigh, Gecko, and tyty333!

Gypsy- Thank you! We love the bezel as well and mom thought about a nice blue sapphire, but in the end decided that since this was her first real nice diamond project that it should be all diamonds!

LindaW- Mom is sooooo excited..she can hardly wait!

Elle_Chris- Thanks! I think you are right about mom!

Coat- Thanks. I think the side is great too! Just enough to keep it simple and elegant with a twist!

Skippy- Thanks! I love to help people to get diamonds so being able to help my mom has been amazing! I think mom might be lurking but I will send her your well wishes!

AmberGretchen- That''s exactly what she was going for. A little twist to the classic design. She didn''t want Kcoursolle''s ring exactly because I already have it. I think she is going to LOVE this design.

LauraOnline- Sad to say she does not have her original e-ring. She parted with it many many years ago and it has taken her till now to convince my father that they are more than just "a shiny piece of rock". Boy if he only knew what he has gotten himself into!!!!
28.gif

Kcoursolle- Thank you for inspiring this design. Thank you, thank you, thank you! She will wear it with much happiness!

DS- The stones are going to be between 30 and 35 points. Her finger size is 6.75 so that will be just enough to cover all of the top of her finger. I am waiting to her the details about the stones from Brian and Lesley but will post when I get them.

LostSapphire- Thanks! Mom can adopt you but you might have to fight it out with Sis and I as to who is going to get this amazing piece!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Kt- It looks fabulous! You are so sweet for doing this for your mom!

Can''t wait for my five year annivesary.. I''ve told hubs that I''ll be getting a five stone already
31.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
The ring is going to be beautiful. I especially love the little bezel-set side stones. It make a nice transition into the band. What a lovely gift for your mother!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Wow that''s such a beautiful unique design - I LOVE it!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 10:57:50 PM
Author: Lesley Harris
KT,

We''ve missed you too and feel honored to be a part of this very special project. Your support means a great deal to us.
Thanks Lesley! It''s has always been a pleasure to work with you! You have truly made this very special for mom.
She is sooooo thrilled with the look of this ring! She can hardly wait to see it IRL.... I think I get about 5 calls a day from her to talk about it!!!
9.gif

Icekid- You really need to get a 5 stone...I think every woman should have at least 1!!
31.gif

Swingirl- Thanks! I think the transition to the band looks amazing too. Brian did a great job taking what I was saying and making it come to life! He''s great at that.

Thanks Brown.Eyed.Girl!
35.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
What a great design! I hope you post pics of the finished ring too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results