shape
carat
color
clarity

modern cushion as brilliant as radiant?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Is the newer modern cushion as "sparkly" and brilliant as a radiant?

I would like to see a 4.ct cushion that is rectangular, but has the sharp brilliance as an Original Radiant cut.
Am I dreaming? Would this be like trying to find one in a million? Does this exist?

I need to see good pictures, but they are so hard to find. Most cushions I have seen are smaller and I need to see how
tight/sharp the facets are.

I am trying to decide on the center stone for my upgrade ring. I have looked at emerald, radiant and cushions cuts. Each is gorgeous and I am finding it so tough to make a decision. I have thought of going to NYC and just trying on everything that delights me. Seeing so many beauties here on PS is tough!

I don''t want to bother a jeweler until I have made up my mind. But I think I need to see these stones side by side. I did see an emerald and an Original Radiant side by side, and it is tough. Grr! Would it be too much to ask a jeweler to bring in that many stones just for viewing? I know it costs $ for them to get the stones in. Any thoughts from those of you who maybe have gone down this road? Help.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
They are very different looks. The modern cushions are cut with facet patterns like a round...but more elongated...so you have bigger flashes...Both shapes are lovely...but dare I say my stone is just as brilliant and firey as some rounds I''ve seen!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/calling-all-cushion-lovers-its-mmms.20536/

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
!

mystone.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
!

roundcush.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Definitely a lot smaller than what you''re looking for!!! But this shot gives you an idea of the facets...I guess this is considered diffuse daylight...

facets.jpg

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
MMM,

your stone is gorgeous. How difficult was it for you to find it? Did you ever consider another shape?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Ann!!

HA! If you only knew my ''story''!!! LOL....I thought I loved the princess stone...turns out I don''t....been through a few of those
11.gif

But the cushion selection was the easiest process really! I find that blue nile has the largest DATABASE for the modern cushions...(you can get them from any vendor, really, but only bluenile lists them for the most part..let me rephrase...there is a cutter or two who generate these Ex/Ex modern stones and I think one has an agreement with BlueNile. I believe that''s what niceice told me...many of these stones find their way to DanielK I think!)....I found one I liked, called up Mark T...deal was done! :) It was love at first sight
30.gif

I can''t even imagine what one in your size is going to look like. I think I''m going to pass out LOL

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
face1.gif

MMM,

So glad to hear Daniel K has these. I read a great article about his business last night. Somewhere in the back of my mind, his name was connected to the modern cushions. I wonder if I could just call his office in NYC or would I have to go through a vendor? Originally, I wanted to get the stone, then have Leon Mege make the setting. But if I find a cushion, my Michael Beaudry setting might be out the window. I would have to start over. I know I want side stones, then some bling on the shank. I am about a size 5, so I''m not sure the bling on the shank would be worth it.

step trapezoids as side stones? Hmmm?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Well, you don''t have to go to DanielK...I think that DanielK is also a broker for these modern ex/ex cut and other vendors can get them for you much cheaper...mark mentioned to me that my stone was at a retailer for an insane price (he didn''t say..but I suspect it was danielk...like another stone that was listed on bluenile that I had been looking into with GoodOldGold, but it was set in a danielk ring and not for sale b/c they wouldn''t remove it). I would contact mark...he can save you a bundle and that setting can be yours too!!! ;-)

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
emthup.gif

thanks so much for the help. i guess the journey is about to begin. Ann

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
MMM, just had to say that i love that cushion!! yum yum
3.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
well, now that i FINALLY have my own modern cushion on my finger, i can wholeheartedly second what MMM said . . . this freakin' thing is like a DISCO ball. after seeing so many beautiful RBs here i started to worry that my own stone wouldn't be up to par in terms of brilliance . . . but WOW. it sparkles its little a$$ off!
2.gif

i went through mark too and i can't recommend him enough. (in fact, right now i want to HUG him! i am so pleased with my stone.)

good luck with whatever you choose!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
MMM,

what are the sizes of those cushions in the picture?

Also, do ya''ll think the bigger the stone gets the more "chunkier" the facets might look?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Radiants and cushions actually have very different sparkle, and their internal facet arrangement is different enough to casue a totally different effect. As MMM and Reena said their cushions are cut more like a round brilliant that a radiant would be. That''s why they have chunky sparkles and a radiant has smaller and more random sparkle.

Totally different looks, and in my opinion, there is nothing like a good Radiant...Cushions are nice because they have a softer look than princesses and are not as common as rounds. It''s all a matter of taste, but either choice I wish you well!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Hey- go check out Nicrez's radiant pix...I think it's probably one of the best I've seen ever!!!
18.gif

Ann- the first and third pix are my stone which is a 2.13. The ones next to the round are 1.67 and smaller I THINK...

I think that at the size you're looking for- OMG. Think of it in terms of an asscher...when the stone gets larger, you see more of that beautiful step cut. It would be the same for most shapes I would think!

p.s. thanks Kberly!!!
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results