shape
carat
color
clarity

Millenium Diamond 1.7 D VVS2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Chicago77

Rough_Rock
OK, I need some help here, please!! A friend of mine referred me to this guy and this stone...

1.70 Ct., D color, VVS2 Da Beers round millenium stone. Claiming VG Symmetry and polish along with "extremely well cut." Seller is not a jeweler, but has De Beers cert. and GIA paperwork. I inquired as to the measurements, table, depth and am waiting to hear back. In the mean time, I have a number of questions. If the cut/measurements aren't that great, is it still worth it? Will it look bad? I've kind of been led to belive that with those numbers above, it couldn't be, but I don't know. I've also read with these millenium stones, a number were poor cuts. Can anyone tell more about them? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks very much for any responses!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's farely hard to sell a diamond, so the price could well be just the seller's lack of confidence that he would ever sell the thing! Can you get a Sarin report ? Actually, for this price, it could be worth having the stone recut if the proportiosn are just slightly out of place. If this is not feasible, I would try to take a look at some branded H&A for refference and go ahead accordingly - this is some bargain if anything is
2.gif
An Ideal Scope would help too, if you want to go this route.

Antwerpman

Rough_Rock
I cant say for certain but I am pretty sure that DeBeers millenium cuts were not done in D colours as it was a promotion which was supposed to move some of the 'warmer' colours - but there may have been some D's that I was not aware of.

If it is a genuine DeBeers millenium diamond, it will have a torpedo shaped aluminium box to hold the diamond, this will then be contained in a much larger leather bound box. There are a number of certificates but it will definately be accompanied by a 'credit card' which shows the star name and number for that particular diamond( these were etched on to the table of all millenium diamonds). To see the etching you need a special viewer although it is possible with a correctly set up microscope. The etching will be in one of the 'corners' of the table and is VERY small (V.difficult to detect with a x10 loupe)

From what I know the make parameters for the millenium stones was very tightly controlled, but I dont think that they fall in to the 'performance' cuts category, but they should be very nice diamonds.

If you want to keep it as a DeBeers millenium diamond then you can NOT have it recut, as once any of its parameters have changed it is no longer a millenium stone. However if you get it cheap enough, and want something with a 'better' cut (remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder) then it could be worthwhile recutting it and still having a 1.5ct stone

Good luck

A

I wanna rock!

Rough_Rock
Where are you on this? Did you get any additional info? I was considering a DeBeers millenium diamond. I was looking at a 1.2 ct D VS1 with medium blue fluorescence. You can see this diamond at www.wherethediamondsare.com. Do a search for round diamonds. The item number is 16-10554. I got the sarin proportions on it and it rated a 1.0 on HCA. The DeBeers millenium diamond will have an inscription on the table. The inscription will be the name of a star. You can see an example of the inscription if you look at the cert on the diamond I describe above. I was seriously considering buying this diamond. It was beautiful. However, I decided that I didn't want any fluorescence in a D-color diamond and that I wanted a H&A diamond. In any case, I believe most, if not all, millenium diamonds are very well cut.

Chicago77

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all you guys. I decided to pass on this one $$$, but I'm gonna keep tyring!

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Of the few I'm aware of, there is nothing special about the cut, but there is a HUGE premium associated with the names De Beers/Millenium and the doo-dads that come with them...I think after Jan 1, 2000 there were a number languishing in inventories at exorbitant prices.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results