shape
carat
color
clarity

Might be it....Halo Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
What do you guys think of this Halo setting?

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/Halo-Bezel-Ring-By-WF_940.htm

I really like it, but I''m not sure how it looks on hand. Does anyone have this particular setting? Bob over at WF promised me pictures, but I don''t know if I can wait that long!
19.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Actually, I bet it is stunning on-hand, dainty and elegant and making a serious bling statement.

Good eye!!
36.gif

hearts set

Shiny_Rock
YAY!!!!

So glad that it''s getting a good response....this is the ring that my honey has ordered.
(with a small adjustment, I''m having melee set around the perimeter of the halo)

I do have a hand pic that Denise emailed me. She is SO SWEET!! Please, if you''re considering this ring, I totally recommend her!!

Anyway, the hand pic was taken with her camera phone when the actual pics that are now up were not yet available.

If you''d like I can share!!

It looks STUNNING!!!!!!! and I can''t wait!!!!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I love the look at accept where the halo attaches to the shank, well actually it is lovely...but is it strong enough? What did they say?

wfpavehaloconcern.JPG

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2005 10:27:07 PM
Author: hearts set
YAY!!!!

So glad that it''s getting a good response....this is the ring that my honey has ordered.
(with a small adjustment, I''m having melee set around the perimeter of the halo)

I do have a hand pic that Denise emailed me. She is SO SWEET!! Please, if you''re considering this ring, I totally recommend her!!

Anyway, the hand pic was taken with her camera phone when the actual pics that are now up were not yet available.

If you''d like I can share!!

It looks STUNNING!!!!!!! and I can''t wait!!!!!!
Hello, this is Pricescope. Sharing of hand pics is MANDATORY.
9.gif
Plus, this way Ebree can see it on the hand. That might help her make her decision.

Shay

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
My concern would also be the strength...I would be afraid of catching the top part on something.....and that''s where the stone is.......

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Hearts set, you are forgiven. That is a lovely ring. Congrats to you on a lovely decision.

Shay

E B

Ideal_Rock
Matatora, that was my one concern with it too. I'll ask Bob about it, and I'm sure hearts set will mention it as well.

hearts set, I thought platinum was the stronger metal? I was planning on having mine done in platinum, because I didn't want to have to get it re-coated (or whatever the process entails) when it yellows. I didn't know if that process would affect the diamonds or not, and I'd like as shiny white an engagement ring as possible.

Do engagement rings snag and break often?

edit: hearts set, I'm doing mine with the bezel setting. Together, we'll represent both styles of the ring!
1.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I would be very intreasted to see what Bob says about this.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Also, just out of curiosity, does a "thin girdle" matter when being bezel set? I''ve got my eye on a pretty little diamond that''s got one (or some, I have no clue). I understand it''s a bad thing, but if it''s being protected by a bezel, would it be okay?

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Ebree, from what I understand, only very thin is a problem; and in that case, bezel set would be the only way to go. It is a much more protective setting for the girdle of the diamond.

Shay

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I saw the cad when they were first developing this ring. Wow is all I can say...thanks for posting b/c they just released this ring. Also Brian is vey adamant about making strong, durable rings, so every aspect of it will be safe.

hearts set

Shiny_Rock
Ebree- I''m not sure about the strength of each metal....I just went with what Brian from WF recommended.

I''ve had white gold before (prev. engagement) and never had a problem with wear or yellowing. I used to work with a girl with a mall store ring whose white gold had to be treated as you''ve described.

I have to tell you that it was a bezel/halo that I tried on in person that made my "heart set" (thus my username). If you chose this ring I''d be thrilled to see the results...love love love bezel halo!!!!!!!!!

As I mentioned, my ES stone is a J in color and I want to expose the stone to as much light as possible ( this may or may not matter)...also my sweetie prefers the prongs. So....my decision.

I''m just so excited and thrilled to have something of interest to share on pricescope, and now to read positive posts on this thread regarding the ring...I''ve been here since June (I think) and have fallen in love with this site.

Will follow your journey to "the ring" for you!! Looking forward to your final decision!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
If somehow, they can fix the two parts where the shank meets the bezel (completely fuse them together, like it's just one piece of fluid metal), that's the ring I want to go with. I, like you, tried on the bezel halo (Ritani) and fell completely in love. I thought about a solitaire for a little while, but kept coming back to this. It's just too perfect. Good luck with your stone as well, and please post update pictures! Yours will be done far before mine will, so I'll be looking to your pictures and posts as inspiration!
30.gif

hearts set

Shiny_Rock
ebree...I also tried on the Ritani, BUT it was the Peter Storm bezel/halo that made me totally obsessed!! The setting was so expensive but the sparkle factor of the melee blew all other away. I really just could not believe it!!

http://www.peterstormjewelry.com/home.html

If you''d like to check it out, click on naked diamonds/engagement rings/then toggle to the right....the ring I''m talking about is the third from the left (sorry, this website will not allow links to specific pages)

When I tried it on I was thrilled with what a clean, fluid look the bezel offered. Also, the diamond was set perfectly so there was no noticible metal ring set around the diamond.

The jeweler offered to set a smaller diamond to reach our price range, but he admitted that the ring woudl then be noticeable, but he did say that they could brush or sort of engrave it so that it wouldn''t be so reflective/noticeable. Ultimately, I went with WF...the melee is ACA.........ebree....OMG, can you even imagine that sparkle?? I can''t wait.

I just can''t get over how much of a ring we''re getting for the price.

What ever you choose....will be perfect FOR YOU...and that''s what matter....WF made this ring, it''s very Ritani and reminded me of you

noonersmom.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/9/2005 10:51:26 PM
Author: Matatora
I love the look at accept where the halo attaches to the shank, well actually it is lovely...but is it strong enough?
It looks ok to me (the contact points are more than a ''point'')... but things can change to make it look more solid too. Perhaps like this:

WFCS.JPG

joadma

Rough_Rock
It is gorgeous!!!
36.gif
I love halos! I just got a Ritani endless love for my 10 year anniv. You will love your new ring, it''s beautiful!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
LOVE IT!!!!!! Very similar to the Ritani (like NoonersMom''s) but I really like how the bezel is set a bit higher than the halo and the way the head kind of swoops up ABOVE the shank....no problem fitting a w-band with this one!

GORGEOUS!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

(p.s. G.G. so nice to see you!!!
2.gif
)

E B

Ideal_Rock
hearts set, that Peter Storm ring is GORGEOUS. About the Ritani-esque ring that WF did, I actually sent Bob that picture saying "this is exactly what I want!". Unfortunately, he said WF couldn''t do that ring anymore, as it''s just too close to the Endless Love model.
8.gif

valeria101, that actually looks really great. Did you do that in photoshop? If you don''t mind, I''d love to send that picture to Bob to see what he thinks.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/10/2005 12:44:39 PM
Author: EBree

valeria101, that actually looks really great. Did you do that in photoshop? If you don't mind, I'd love to send that picture to Bob to see what he thinks.
Yes, it is a drawing. The high set version of the 'Halo' rings by Etienne Perret have that profile, so it is definitely not an original idea.

halo1.jpg
rhlow18p.jpg

I am glad to hear these little doodles are of any help
1.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2005 9:31:50 AM
Author: valeria101

Date: 9/9/2005 10:51:26 PM
Author: Matatora
I love the look at accept where the halo attaches to the shank, well actually it is lovely...but is it strong enough?
It looks ok to me (the contact points are more than a ''point'')... but things can change to make it look more solid too. Perhaps like this:
This is giong to be a beautiful ring, EBree. I particularly like the picture Valeria posted because of the way the sides attach to the halo completely rather than underneath as in the WF picture above. Valeria''s pic looks more substantial definitely stronger. Great job, Valeria.

A thin girdle diamond would generally make me nervous, but a halo setting, even if you prong set the diamond, is a reasonably protective setting. The few times I have hit my ring on anything, it is the halo that has gotten knocked and not the edge of the diamond at all. If you do decide on bezel setting the stone, having it sit up a little higher than the halo is really pretty too.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Now, I know that WF is not allowed to re-create the Ritani ring again, but I wonder (as an option, I'm a firm believer in options!) if they could keep the basic shape of what they created for NoonersMom, but continue the ring underneath, where it's lifted. Does that make sense? Unfortunately, I use a MAC so I don't have paint (or photoshop) on my computer, but what I'm describing is the same ring as was made for NoonersMom, but a complete circle under the bezel.

Do you think this would be possible without copying the patented Ritani design? It might be a lighter option.
30.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/10/2005 2:09:01 PM
Author: EBree
Now, I know that WF is not allowed to re-create the Ritani ring again, but I wonder (as an option, I''m a firm believer in options!) if they could keep the basic shape of what they created for NoonersMom, but continue the ring underneath, where it''s lifted.
You mean...

FullLoop.JPG

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
OOOOOHHHHH Valeria ... I like that last one best. Good idea!!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Yes! That''s it! That''s perfect!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Thank you so much!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Valeria, that is my ideal design. The more I look at it, the more I fall in love. I love WFs halo design as well, but this one...it''s absolutely perfect for me.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
I love that deisgn! particularly the variation Valerie posted, really neat!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results