shape
carat
color
clarity

Micropave Halo Help

susiesunshine

Rough_Rock
Hello!

The search for my setting has begun. I have been married previously and am grateful I get a "do over." :) Love a second time around is possible! My first engagement ring was a Michael B setting and at the time was really the only one doing micro pave. It was a beautiful and my "dream" ring. Not a dream husband or dream marriage :lol:

So I have been looking at lots of pictures and realize I am having a hard time deciding what I really love because I am so overwhelmed with whats available!

I find I am still all these years later still totally in love with micro pave. I also have loved the look of the cathedral profile setting.
I also love the look of the halo.
So I am looking for a halo micro pave platinum setting with potentially a cathedral profile. I do like a unique profile.
I also love the look of two bands one on top and one on bottom.

I have liked some of the settings from Lauren B (found them on instagram) Jean Dousset (but they will only work with their own stones and I want to be able to use my own stone), Victor Canera, Steven Kirsch.

I have been reading here on pricescope all the different types of pave, stems, and type of diamonds in the pave and I just glazed over and got confused.

Anyone have any thoughts or opinions or to help educate me on the halo micropave world now?
Thank you so much for any and all help.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is your budget? The budget can help narrow down which vendors to target.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, can you give us the specs on your diamond?

susiesunshine

Rough_Rock
Oh that would be helpful! For the setting the budget is 5-10K and the stone will be a 3 carat round solitaire.
Is that what you would need?
I saw a video of a ring here on pricescope but I managed to lose it! It was a halo with pave and had a cathedral profile with pave and it was to die for but managed to lose it. Ugh.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love victor's work. Love. I would definitely give him a call just to chat and see if you connect and feel comfortable with working th him. Have fun! Enjoy!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Sure! Here's a terrible side view I just took and a regular view. I didn't put diamonds on the donut.

img_13901.jpg

img_13902.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some sideview inspiration. Please note that pave in the profile of the shank and the donut can damage a wedding ring.

img_13911.jpg

img_13912.jpg

img_13913.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the inspiration rings are by Leon Mege.
I completely agree on contacting Victor Canera though. Both designer do an amazing job but it's much easier and pleasant to work with (I have worked with Victor 4 times and with Leon once.

img_13915.jpg

img_13916.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous profile in PS-er Luv2sparkle's ring. It has diamond bubbles.

img_13920.jpg

img_13921.jpg

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Chris at Brilliantly Engaged will work with you on a halo and use your center stone.
They usually come in less expensive than VC or SK
Best of luck
Bill

susiesunshine

Rough_Rock
This is awesome!! I love these!!! So if there is pave on the shank and doughnut how do people where a wedding ring?
What's the way around this or maybe there isn't?!?
Amy other side profile pics? These are making me swoon!!
Thank you so much!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
susiesunshine|1481339026|4106033 said:
This is awesome!! I love these!!! So if there is pave on the shank and doughnut how do people where a wedding ring?
What's the way around this or maybe there isn't?!?
Amy other side profile pics? These are making me swoon!!
Thank you so much!

The official recommendation is to not wear a wedding ring with rings with pave on the side, but many of us do but wear either just a plain band or else have a plain band as a spacer (most people have 1-1.5mm bands - I'd use my set as an example but I like chunky rings so I have a 3mm plain band) then another diamond band. The diamonds on the side will rub the plain band but that's easy to repolish, and they won't chip each other at least. I'm not sure how significant the plain band rubbing against the pave is in terms of long-term damage, but I always wear my engagement ring the same direction and the pave prongy bits don't seem more worn on one side than the other.

Of course the other way around it is to have the rings soldered together, but then you can't wear them separately.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with distracts: either no band or a spacer between your ring and a diamond band or a plain wedding band. I sometimes wear my pave rings with a band that has a plain profile. As these are occassional right hand rings, the rings still look crispy and new. That will be different for an every day engagement ring.

The two pave rings that Victor has created for me:

img_13937.jpg

img_13938.jpg

img_13939.jpg

img_13940.jpg

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OP
You have the option to put pave on any part of the ring. You don't have to put them on the donut or shank, just the halo.
Most do have them on the shank.
Good luck.

edit: My wife ring just has it on the shank and halo.

susiesunshine

Rough_Rock
These rings are stunning! Thank you for explaining the wedding band issue! I am getting a better sense of what I like..
thank you all so much!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
susiesunshine|1481427299|4106250 said:
These rings are stunning! Thank you for explaining the wedding band issue! I am getting a better sense of what I like..
thank you all so much!

Glad it helps to shape your own preference. And indeed you do not have to choose pave in the profile at all. You can also have filigrain added if you want some oomph in the profile.
Please come back an share your ideas and preferences when you have made your mind up.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results