shape
carat
color
clarity

Michael B What setting can be resized?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone know if a Michael b princess mounting, with pave going all around, can be sized from a 4 to a 6 1/2? Could the center mounting as well be changed to accomodate a larger stone (it''s sized for a 1ct right now). Would this probably need to be sent to michael B to be done? or....is it just impossible to resize with stones set this way?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"impossible" ... yeah... Well, they''d have to do allot of rebuilding if even that is feasible.

Some shops have specila policies to deal with un-sizeable rings (eternity styles, Titanium...). Do they ?

I don''t think the head can be canged either. But, don''t they make these settings to accomodate your stone ? Icestore seems to present either the MB or darn similar settings with all sorts of stones
2.gif

MaybeDayze

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that sounds like an expensive challenge.

Going from a 4 to a 6 is a big change.
It is always more expensive to size a ring up than it is to size it down.
The jeweler has to add more... things get complicated quickly.
If you have to resize it''s better to get the larger size, far less $$.
As far as eternity bands go (e-ring''s included) I''ve heard that it''s pretty difficult to resize them,
and it''s something you want to avoid if possible.
Most jewelers recommend a sizing bar at the back, even with eternity style bands, gives you more freedom if/when you need to change sizes, due to life changes.

You also want to change the head to fit a larger stone? I''m not sure if that would require changing the head entirely? I''d ask a jeweler on that one. How much larger were you thinking?

I know that Michael B is a Fabulous Designer. He''s very willing to change pieces to accomodate clients, however this particular setting sounds like a headache. Did you find a size 4 on sale somewhere? What are the circumstances?

Other Designers make a very similar setting to the princess, for instance Ritani makes a lovely one.
Can I suggest that you look around for a while before settling on this setting?
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
those are some big changes, hard to size eternity bands but not impossible--though could be pricey...I would contact him directly to see if he thinks it is possible or if maybe you could get trade in value for that piece and buy a new piece that fits your specs. good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results