shape
carat
color
clarity

MGR is at it again. . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
her old tricks. . . trading up that is!

OK, so I got the 1.50 carat Memoire band a couple of weeks ago. Just gorgeous! Chased the UPS man, took pics for all you nice folks too!
emwink.gif
One night at the dinnertable my son (who is 25 BTW) asked me why I didn''t get the 2.00 carat version of the ring. He had gone with me to look at them at a store at Christmas time while I was supposed to be helping him shop for his girlfriend. I told him I thought it looked ''too big''. He said he didn''t know why - and also said he knew I''d be back after the 2.00 version soon. At that point, DH speaks up and said he too thought I had ordered the 2.00 version. He really likes the one I have but he thought the 2.00 carat band would have balanced out the ering better on the other hand.

Sooooo . . . once those wheels start turnin'' look out! After 50 bizillion calls to Saint Bill Pearlman, going back to the store to try on the 2.00 version again (with my 1.50 version in my pocket) DH and I decided we would go ahead with the 2.00 carat ring as we were still in the period where we could return or trade the original one.

And now that the decision is made and the order has been placed I''M EXCITED!!!!!! My hubby really pushed me to do this and I could have stepped down the stone quality but he thought that would be a bad idea too as eventually I would regret it. So I''m just getting the bigger version of what I have!

I can''t begin to tell you what a gem Bill Pearlman has been through this whole process. He probably hangs up the phone and shakes his head
face10.gif
but he has listened and answered and understood. If you ever have a jewelry question to pose, he''s the guy to ask.

Give me a couple of weeks and I''ll post more pics. Maybe I won''t even have to chase old brown again - he might just knock on my door. I''ll just pretend that I''m new in town and that the other lunatic just moved! HA!~

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Oh MGR!!! That''s great news!!! You are a woman after my own heart. That is so something I would do too. Once the seed has been planted, it''s hard to unplant it. You got to be careful what you say around us PSers -- it could turn into a very expensive project. I can''t wait to see the new pics!! Wow, 40 pointers!!! That''s gonna be amazing!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
ohh...that is awesome. I love that it was the men in your life that encouraged you to go with more diamonds. hahaha, if we could all be that lucky!
2.gif
I can''t wait to see the new version!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, how exciting!!! Good for you. You are my hero!!!
31.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
23.gif
That is so wonderful. I love that your hubby actually encouraged you to get bigger stones
36.gif
. I agree Bill is a saint
17.gif
and has put up with me a lot too
2.gif
. I can''t wait to see the new ring..

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha i love it!! the guy going ''i thought you got a bigger ring?''

too funny, now that we have been talking about upgrading and i''ve been showing my better half pictures and comparisons and stuff the other night he goes...

''wow your diamond looks really small to me now, you should definitely upgrade''.

23.gif

HAVE SOME MORE WINE HONEY!
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
a lady never tells!!!
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see your new pictures! These vendors are very patient with us, thankfully!

It did my husband a lot of good for us to have a 1.6 ct. diamond here for a few days. He said it made my current 1 ct. look small. So it's all relative, but he would have never thought it was small until he compared it with a larger stone. It is very helpful for husbands to buy into upgrades! Lol!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh what a great idea diamond seeker. have a larger diamond ''hang around'' for a while....seeing is believing!!
9.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
MGR you go girl! You''ll never regret moving up to 2 carats for that beautiful five stone ring. You''ll have to post pictures of the new one when you get it.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh no MGR
38.gif
DSS already??
31.gif
congrats
2.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that was a quick upgrade. The poor UPS guy is probably still in the early stages of therapy.
9.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Wow, the shrinkage bug caught up with you in record-breaking time, MissGotRocks!!!!!
2.gif
That''s great that you worked all this out before the window of opportunity with Memoire was over. And thank goodness Bill Pearlman is so patient with us PS freaks. He put up with my incessant questions a couple weeks ago, and answered every single email in a timely and coureous manner.

When you get the new ring, you must take pics just like the first set so we can compare them. I think the 2 ctw will be a huge difference, and will balance out your rock on your left hand very nicely.
31.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: Demelza
Oh MGR!!! That''s great news!!! You are a woman after my own heart.
My thoughts exactly!!!
1.gif

Hee hee...SO GREAT!!! Congratulations!

widget

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
lol I can''t imagine my father or brother telling my mom her diamond looks small, and it''s probably no bigger than .2ct! Enjoy your upgrade!!
9.gif
10.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone - I knew you PSers would understand like no one else does! I can''t say that it is shrinkage so much as it is opportunity. Once someone opens that door for you, it''s hard not to go through it. I have done alot of upgrading in my time but this one truly wasn''t my idea. I had rejected the two carat band out of hand - it simply looked too big to me. However, this new diamond band was a totally new ''look'' to me compared to my other RHR. It already had more carat weight but was spread out end to end instead of up and down. Now that I have worn it for awhile and had the chance to try the two carat on again it didn''t look so enormous on my hand but it is a noticeable size difference.

I will be sure to post pics when it arrives - thanks again!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Golly...girl, hold on to him...he''s a rare breed--a man who knows diamonds are a girl''s best friend!
emthup.gif
emsmiled.gif
emthup.gif

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, what a wonderful husband you have!

Can''t wait for the pictures
36.gif

blod

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. I mean. "WOW!!!!" I am envious!!! My husband never supports (or knows about) any of my diamond purchases!

Congratulations! I assume we will see pictures!!!

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2006 7:40:26 AM
Author: AGBF

Wow. I mean. ''WOW!!!!'' I am envious!!! My husband never supports (or knows about) any of my diamond purchases!

Congratulations! I assume we will see pictures!!!

Deb

34.gif

PS-Bill Pearlman has been great to me, too. He had some Gurhan earrings I bought reworked because the pearl was not the shape I expected or wanted. :)

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2006 9:17:25 AM
Author: moon river
Wow that was a quick upgrade. The poor UPS guy is probably still in the early stages of therapy.
9.gif
LOL moon river!

Good for you, MissGotRocks! I''m glad you are getting what you really want now instead of just trying to live with it for a while.
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
When are you getting it MGR?? Better have those running shoes ready to chase the man in brown again, hehe.
3.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
wow MGR- it''s going to be fabulous.
Them thar folks down in Cal. County won''t know what hit em!

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/17/2006 7:52:52 PM
Author:MissGotRocks
her old tricks. . . trading up that is!

OK, so I got the 1.50 carat Memoire band a couple of weeks ago. Just gorgeous! Chased the UPS man, took pics for all you nice folks too!
emwink.gif
One night at the dinnertable my son (who is 25 BTW) asked me why I didn''t get the 2.00 carat version of the ring. He had gone with me to look at them at a store at Christmas time while I was supposed to be helping him shop for his girlfriend. I told him I thought it looked ''too big''. He said he didn''t know why - and also said he knew I''d be back after the 2.00 version soon. At that point, DH speaks up and said he too thought I had ordered the 2.00 version. He really likes the one I have but he thought the 2.00 carat band would have balanced out the ering better on the other hand.

Sooooo . . . once those wheels start turnin'' look out! After 50 bizillion calls to Saint Bill Pearlman, going back to the store to try on the 2.00 version again (with my 1.50 version in my pocket) DH and I decided we would go ahead with the 2.00 carat ring as we were still in the period where we could return or trade the original one.

And now that the decision is made and the order has been placed I''M EXCITED!!!!!! My hubby really pushed me to do this and I could have stepped down the stone quality but he thought that would be a bad idea too as eventually I would regret it. So I''m just getting the bigger version of what I have!

I can''t begin to tell you what a gem Bill Pearlman has been through this whole process. He probably hangs up the phone and shakes his head
face10.gif
but he has listened and answered and understood. If you ever have a jewelry question to pose, he''s the guy to ask.

Give me a couple of weeks and I''ll post more pics. Maybe I won''t even have to chase old brown again - he might just knock on my door. I''ll just pretend that I''m new in town and that the other lunatic just moved! HA!~
Don''t let MGR fool you! I talk her ear off too
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results