shape
carat
color
clarity

Mens CF Platinum Wedding Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

baltneu

Shiny_Rock
Pehaps someone can explain to me the big difference in price for a 4mm Comfort Fit,platinum, Mens Wedding Band, size 10.
I have priced the same item at many places:
Tiffany: $800 (ridiculous)
Fortunoffs: $650
Blue Nile: $525
Signed Pieces: $385

Huge price differences, Tiffany''s I understand, all are 1.7/1.8 in thickness, so they seem to be the same, so what is the difference????

Chrisk327

Rough_Rock
I''m sitting here thinking the same thing sortof.

I am deciding on a ring for myself and have looked at the difference in prices and its astounding between platnium vs gold. Plainband vs anything else...

First of all, I know the T&Co is 4.5 mm if it matters... It is really nice, very high quality feel.... but $800

Fortunoffs haven''t seen or priced... Blue Nile and Signed pieces have lower prices, Signed Pieces extremely so...

I don''t know what i''m going to do for mine, however, i''m tempted by the T&Co believe it or not... just for the simple fact that I''m wearing this for the rest of my life... As a plain band, it does look very nice, has a style a bit different than the normal half round, and it feels very nice... for a few hundred dollars it may be worth it.

I was figuring the same ring somewhere else may be $600 on average... $200 isn''t going to kill me if i really like it...

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Difference, assuming they are all Plat 950, is mark-up

I have purchased two pieces from Signed Pieces. Their quality is top notch. They have a 30 day money back so what''s the risk of spending too little?

baltneu

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the responses Chrisk and Noobie, you both bring up good points. Chrisk, I have been to Tiff and yes, the ring is 4.5mm vs. 4.0mm elsewhere, I did not love the extra width, so I am pretty sure I am going to stay with 4.0mm. If you do go this route, try both widths on and see how they look on your finger.
I think I agree with Noobie, Signed Pieces has had some good references and they have a 30 day return. I have a funny feeling if you put them all, side by side, one may not be able to tell the difference (exc for the width). I work in NYC so I am going to go over to Signed Peices on 47th Street and take a look at the quality compared to Fortunoff and Tiff, perhaps you get what you pay for, or maybe not, but I will know the answer when I go over there and will repost my findings.

Chrisk327

Rough_Rock
Hey,
If you like the signed pieces ring, it sounds like the way to go...
I wanted something a little more substantial than some 4MM rings, but not quite the size of the 6mm rings.
I''m not hell bent on the tiffany ring myself, but it was a thought that hey, if you want something "special" for a wedding ring, and don''t want a really "different" creative ring, this is a possible option.
There are a number of rings that i like that are different, but i am afriad my tastes will change over my life, and i want to always wear my wedding band.

anyway, just my thougths on the matter...

Chris

abby

Rough_Rock
I have a similar question about the cf platinum mens rings. I am looking to buy my husband a size 11 5mm plat. cf band to repalce his too small and very beat up gold band. He is very intersted in plat. and we would have gotten one originally but couldn''t afford it. I have seen prices anywhere from 1200 to 699. The expensive one was very heavy while the lesser expensive one was very lightweight. (I couldn''t even believe it was plat if they hadn''t told me it was). I talked to one jeweler who said the cf bands come in 6 different weights, is this true? If so, how can I compare prices for bands unless I bring a scale and weigh each one? I am looking to spend less than $500 so I am hoping I can get a decent band for this money. Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results