shape
carat
color
clarity

Men wearing diamond rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ooohdiamonds

Rough_Rock
okay, so today at work, I was dealing with a man who was about 60-70 years old.

on his wedding finger, he wore a 3-stone round diamond ring!!!!!
23.gif
i looked on his right hand, on his ring finger, he wore a round diamond soliatre in a gold Tiffany-style setting
6.gif

i found it quite amusing. he is a married man and wasn''t even meterosexual-looking. i''ve definitely heard of men wearing diamonds, but an earring or a subtle looking diamonds on their wedding bands. have you heard or seen anything like this? seriously, i found it very amusing! not a sight you see everyday!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2010 6:22:22 AM
Author:ooohdiamonds

23.gif
i looked on his right hand, on his ring finger, he wore a round diamond soliatre in a gold Tiffany-style setting
6.gif

i found it quite amusing. he is a married man and wasn''t even meterosexual-looking. i''ve definitely heard of men wearing diamonds, but an earring or a subtle looking diamonds on their wedding bands. have you heard or seen anything like this? seriously, i found it very amusing! not a sight you see everyday!
Hi oohdiamonds,

Yes, many men do wear and enjoy diamond rings and sport some substantial stones.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock

23.gif
6.gif

I know a gay couple that wears FABULOUS diamonds. One man has a 2 1/2 carat Tiffany style solitare, and his partner a three stone ring. I think people can wear whatever they want but in my house, I BETTER have the biggest diamond!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doesn''t Queenmum wear a Tiffany style diamond ring? I thought I saw a photo somewhere?

IceExplorer

Shiny_Rock
My father wears a .8 carat (round) diamond on his left hand for an engagement ring. He's a journeyman/millwright and had a serious hand injury so they cut off his wedding band (not because he was wearing a ring). My mom bought him that later for an anniversary.

On his right hand (ring finger) he wears a 3 diamond (round) style ring. Again, a gift from my mom. The significance of 3 represents how many kids they have. I think it would have been hilarious if my mom got him 3 princess cuts!!!

I'm used to seeing it so I don't think it's odd.

As for me, there is very little chance I'll be wearing a wedding ring (or jewellery). The GF knows this already and she's fine with it. Although, it took some explaining. I don't wear jewellery...AT ALL, not even a watch! It bothers me. To top it off, my skin discolors/tarnishes jewellery I've tried to wear in the past.

I've tried to wear watches but they do not keep time on my wrist. Apparently it has something to do with magnetism of the body.
Has anyone heard of this?

JoeNewbie11

Shiny_Rock
I''m a straight married man and I wear a 3-stone diamond ring custom made by WF. I grew an interest in diamonds while researching my wife''s diamond engagement ring and wedding band. I think men can sport diamonds too, but the setting makes the ring more masculine vs. feminine, not the use of diamonds.

Copy of JosephKlein_0626-11.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I REALLY like JoeNewbies ring!!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2010 1:17:16 PM
Author: JoeNewbie11
I''m a straight married man and I wear a 3-stone diamond ring custom made by WF. I grew an interest in diamonds while researching my wife''s diamond engagement ring and wedding band. I think men can sport diamonds too, but the setting makes the ring more masculine vs. feminine, not the use of diamonds.
I love Joe''s Ring!!!! awww if only my hubby would wear diamonds... I would definitely be modeling one after Joes'' ring
31.gif
my Dad wore diamond ring for the longest time (but it was quite wide set band, maybe about .30 carat though), now he has a huge Onyx ring.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dad is wearing a .60 round, F, VVS1 diamond set in an 18ct yellow gold ring on his left hand and his yellow gold wedding band on his right hand. When i first saw the diamond ring on his hand, i was very very young and i felt embarassed about it...For some reason, i couldn''t conceive the idea of a man wearing a diamond ring
20.gif
...Ever since that time, i grew up and i changed my mind about it
3.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just love what a good diamond does.

Why should women get all the fun?

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Well if my grandpa didn't love diamonds I wouldn't have inherited my 1.80ct diamond.
31.gif
It was set in this huge yellow gold ring, his hands were massive--this wasn't a delicate/feminine looking ring at all. He never wore any of his diamond rings when I was growing up but he sure had a few diamond rings over 1ct. Men wearing diamonds doesn't bother me, I don't think it's weird either. Joe, I think your ring is really cool!

takenitback813

Rough_Rock
Maybe his wife was bad and he was just lucky they were the same size???

OMg...JKJKJKJKJKJKJKJ!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

23.gif
6.gif

why??
33.gif
i wore a 1.47 ct diamond soliatre til it was lost in a robbery.

FYI...i once saw a man sporting a 5+ct rb on his finger.
10.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2010 5:07:19 PM
Author: kenny
I just love what a good diamond does.

Why should women get all the fun?
yeah!! why??
29.gif

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
My BIL has a .79 in his "man ring". Personally--I think it''s all about the setting--as his is quite substantial--and I think it''s quite masculine. On the other hand, my husband would NEVER wear a diamond that size. It''s just not his personality. I would have felt a little weird if I had seen a man wearing those rings too--they''re quite feminine. In fact, that three stone looks like my moms!

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
My husband wears a diamond wedding band. When we got married (twenty-three years ago in 9 days!), my husband wore a wedding band with three diamonds. Years later, I bought him a new ring with diamonds in it for his birthday. He told me if he were to get another wedding band, he would want to design it himself and pick out his own "bigger" diamonds. So that''s what he did. Besides a watch, his ring is the only piece of jewelry he wears.

I don''t mind that he wears diamonds. It''s nice for me to see sparkles from across the table, too!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I wear a 1 1/2ct vintage faceted round (August Vintgae OEC) on my right ring finger and would/will happily go larger.
3.gif
Gay/straight has nothing to do with men enjoying diamonds. It's one of my passions and I enjoy them as much as anyone else. More than often gentleman who especially research them love them and get them in rings too! These men also generally have a greater appreciation for what it is they buy and wear.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

23.gif
6.gif

i found it quite amusing. he is a married man and wasn't even meterosexual-looking. i've definitely heard of men wearing diamonds, but an earring or a subtle looking diamonds on their wedding bands. have you heard or seen anything like this? seriously, i found it very amusing! not a sight you see everyday!
Stay a while and you'll find that PS is a very diverse and accepting community.

Your post is insulting and unwelcome
38.gif

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I got the impression from the OP that the diamonds were set "as a womans ring".. not in a "masculine" setting. I cannot begin to imagine my husband in a tifany style solitaire.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2010 9:06:02 PM
Author: Rhino
I wear a 1 1/2ct vintage faceted round (August Vintgae OEC) on my right ring finger and would/will happily go larger.
3.gif
Gay/straight has nothing to do with men enjoying diamonds. It''s one of my passions and I enjoy them as much as anyone else. More than often gentleman who especially research them love them and get them in rings too! These men also generally have a greater appreciation for what it is they buy and wear.
Jon...and the hand shots??
paddle.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes Yes, handshots please.

Some close ups too; I know you''re good with a camera.
31.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Man!
Rhino that''s a superb diamond and ring.
Perfection!

Thanks for sharing.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks ken. Yea I love it. I forget its an O-P when I''m observing it face up. I''m in the process of building an inventory of these and having more cut to fill the most popular gaps along with warmer colors like the AVC''s. Their fire IMPO surpasses H&A''s.

yssie ... oooohdiamonds post isn''t necessarily anti gay or un-accepting. There are many people who associate diamonds as being for women. A lot of people think along these lines and is not stemmed in any hatred or bias towards certain people. Perhaps I''m missing something and ooohahhh can speak for himself/herself but I didn''t read the post that way personally.

Peace,

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful ring Jon!!
10.gif
36.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 10:24:33 AM
Author: IceExplorer
I''ve tried to wear watches but they do not keep time on my wrist. Apparently it has something to do with magnetism of the body.

Has anyone heard of this?

Yes. My mother says the same thing happens to her.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Jon

A) your ring is fabulous
9.gif

B) perhaps I'm reading too much into it.. the way I read it, OP managed to stereotype men, age, sexuality, and stylistic preference in a matter of fifty words, and proceeded to mock that which didn't fit into her vision of normal
7.gif
. She's certainly welcome to her opinions, though, whatever they are!

Hughrock

Shiny_Rock

23.gif
6.gif

I have seen several men wearing diamond rings that were not wedding bands. Trends are often times determine by the difference in generations.Younger guys(18-45) enjoy allowing them self the freedom to make up their own rules when it come to fashion,jewelry,hair styles.Today''s haircut 20 years ago would be seen then as not having combed your hair or could have been mistaken for squished hair after just awakening from sleep.

Many trends are based on what we see from our public heros or just people in our circle of friends .If you''ve notice, many many NHL players,NBL players,NFL players,NBA players,even PGA players wear diamond ear rings and diamond rings. Actors and music stars wear these hugh honker size diamonds.Younger people see this trend and that has made the wearing of diamond jewelry seem hip! I know this very wealthy business associate who wears 5ct diamond cuff links(vvs1,D color) because he saw his favorite sports star with similar CL''s.

ooohdiamonds

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Rhino
1.gif

I'm definitely not anti-gay or whatever!! i have a couple gay friends that i absoultely adore! its just that, yes, i generally associate diamonds set in the settings i saw on this man's as a "woman's thing".

your ring is cool :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results