shape
carat
color
clarity

Medium Blue Flour.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tat2db

Shiny_Rock
Hi everybody I was wondering if anyone could help me understand the implications of a med. blue flour. in a G colored diamond. I am looking at a diamond right now and the vendor told me it can actually "help" a G color diamond. Any feedback will be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2005 4:56:57 PM
Author:tat2db
Hi everybody I was wondering if anyone could help me understand the implications of a med. blue flour. in a G colored diamond. I am looking at a diamond right now and the vendor told me it can actually ''help'' a G color diamond. Any feedback will be GREATLY appreciated!!!!
Nothing to worry about with med blue. Sometimes they trade for less because of this crazy industry. On rare occassion, it can make the diamond milky or oily in sunlight - rare in med blue. The vendor is correct, medium blue could make the diamond face up whiter.

Good luck - BTW, I would buy a stone w/o at least med. bl. fluor.

What''s the rest of the specs?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, it''s nothing to sweat about. I actually prefer it. Please tell us the rest of the specs on the stone.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I second F&I''s thoughts - blue fluor is no problem and is a great buy.

OH....and to clarify for her.......F&I meant to write that she *wouldn''t* buy a diamond if it didn''t have at least medium blue fluorescence. (slight typo).

She prefers blue fluor and any stone she buys has to have medium fluorescence or more.

tat2db

Shiny_Rock
The specs are:
Princess
8.47 x 8.30 x 5.84
depth 70.4
table 65
girdle thn to thk
culet one
polish VG
symmetry G
si2
G
flour MB
What does "culet one" mean???
Does it look ok #''s wise?
THANKS!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it is probably culet ''none''
2.gif

do you have any pics?
20.gif

tat2db

Shiny_Rock
No I do not have any pics, I have not purchased the stone yet.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2005 5:12:00 PM
Author: aljdewey
I second F&I's thoughts - blue fluor is no problem and is a great buy.

OH....and to clarify for her.......F&I meant to write that she *wouldn't* buy a diamond if it didn't have at least medium blue fluorescence. (slight typo).

She prefers blue fluor and any stone she buys has to have medium fluorescence or more.
Yes, Yes, yes - good catch. Sorry - just been back from the Dentist. It was a "look mom no cavites" day; but, assuming that way back position with metal coming towards you isn't fun.
6.gif
9.gif

I'll let others comment on your princess specs. Other than the thumbs up to the Blue fluor, I have no knowledge of the cut.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
A G colored stone with medium blue fluorescence might actually face up like an F color... What worries me a bit is the SI2 in such a big stone... is it eye-clean?
2.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
the med. blue would be just perfect as long as it isn''t cloudy
18.gif
princess cuts of this size are sometimes hard to find.....if you love it, don''t hesitate buying it.
2.gif

tat2db

Shiny_Rock
I have not seen the stone yet but have been inforned by the vendor that it is eye clean. Thank you for giving me the heads up about the cloudiness...I will thoroughly examine it outside!!! Yes.. I have had a very hard time even finding decent candidates for a stone this size!!!
Please princess experts, chime in on the #''s!!!
Thanks!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
fancies are very different from rounds and really can''t be picked using #''s alone. if you can, get natural light photos of the diamond and a scope image.....those can help aid in your decision.
2.gif

(the #''s on this one show real potential
3.gif
)

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2005 5:21:12 PM
Author: belle
the med. blue would be just perfect as long as it isn''t cloudy
18.gif

There shouldn''t be any worry here---cloudiness is not typically an issue when stones have only medium fluorescence.
2.gif

It''s more when fluor. is strong or very strong.....and even then, it''s not always true. There are many strong/very strong stones that aren''t milky/cloudy.....in fact, I own one!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results