shape
carat
color
clarity

Maytal Hannah

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Taylormade

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Is anyone familiar enough with Maytal Hannah''s work to know how long her turn around time is for creating a piece? I have emailed her and let a voicemail message but have not had any response yet.

Thanks!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
My boyfriend told me that she usually responds within 2 days and the turnaround time is 5 to 6 weeks. We just started working with her so we don''t have first hand experience yet.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I have had a ring made by her and it was around 5 weeks. That was at Christmastime too. She has been out of the country until a day or two ago so give her some time to catch up with her emails...

Rosa

Shiny_Rock
Hey there,

Don''t hold that against her b/c a ton of jewelers have been at this big Hong Kong jewelry trade show which just ended. She may have had some other business there to conduct after the show or just wanted to travel for a few days - I know a guy I was waiting to see about a piece of jewelry just got back to NY today.

Also, don''t know how religiously observant she is, but based on her name, she is Jewish. In case you aren''t, please just be patient b/c the new year (Rosh Hashanah) is next week and that starts a long daisy chain of days during which it is forbidden to work (again, this depends on a person''s level of religiosity.)

However, several years ago, I was dealing with a not-religious guy, he may not have even been Jewish, I can''t remember, but he was unable to get what he needed from his supplier, b/c that guy was away for the holidays (i.e. Jewish High Holy Days.)

Just a heads up!

Taylormade

Rough_Rock
I was just worried about whether or not there would be time to complete a project before our Anniversary date. :)

She emailed me and said that there would be time.

Thanks everyone!

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone have an idea if she does plain solitaires? Her work is lovely, but I haven''t seen any classic solitaires.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
goobear - My thinking is that if she can make such fancy settings to perfection, she will have no problems with a plain solitaire.

Taylormade

Rough_Rock
Interesting that you should ask that goobear. That''s part of our discussion right now.

We would like a modification of one of her designs with a 4 prong solitaire type setting rather than the baskets with diamonds that most of her work seems to consist of.

I''m waiting for a response.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 11:43:49 AM
Author: goobear78
Anyone have an idea if she does plain solitaires? Her work is lovely, but I haven't seen any classic solitaires.

I don't have a Maytal solitaire, but I did have her make me a very simple platinum 3-stone for my emerald cut. There's no pave and no engraving. I was deciding between her and Leon (I've been following your other thread with interest) and went with Maytal because it was a much better fit for me personality wise. The few exchanges I had with Leon did not lead me to believe that he was someone with whom I would want to work on a custom project. I was a little concerned using her for this project because her reputation is for doing very fancy, ornate antique-inspired pieces and I wanted very simple, sleek and classic. She assured me that she can do both. I was very pleased with the result. Her pieces are all handmade and very finely done. She was also very easy to work with. Hope that helps.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 7:08:56 PM
Author: Demelza

Anyone have an idea if she does plain solitaires? Her work is lovely, but I haven''t seen any classic solitaires.

I don''t have a Maytal solitaire, but I did have her make me a very simple platinum 3-stone for my emerald cut. There''s no pave and no engraving. I was deciding between her and Leon (I''ve been following your other thread with interest) and went with Maytal because it was a much better fit for me personality wise. The few exchanges I had with Leon did not lead me to believe that he was someone with whom I would want to work on a custom project. I was a little concerned using her for this project because her reputation is for doing very fancy, ornate antique-inspired pieces and I wanted very simple, sleek and classic. She assured me that she can do both. I was very pleased with the result. Her pieces are all handmade and very finely done. She was also very easy to work with. Hope that helps.
Demelza, I just looked at your Emerald 3 stone thread - that ring is just gorgeous!

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 7:08:56 PM
Author: Demelza

Anyone have an idea if she does plain solitaires? Her work is lovely, but I haven't seen any classic solitaires.

I don't have a Maytal solitaire, but I did have her make me a very simple platinum 3-stone for my emerald cut. There's no pave and no engraving. I was deciding between her and Leon (I've been following your other thread with interest) and went with Maytal because it was a much better fit for me personality wise. The few exchanges I had with Leon did not lead me to believe that he was someone with whom I would want to work on a custom project. I was a little concerned using her for this project because her reputation is for doing very fancy, ornate antique-inspired pieces and I wanted very simple, sleek and classic. She assured me that she can do both. I was very pleased with the result. Her pieces are all handmade and very finely done. She was also very easy to work with. Hope that helps.

Pictures! Do you have pictures?
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
I'd love to see them!

ETA: Just saw your photos and your ring is GORGEOUS!
30.gif
I LOVE it!

Here's the thread to see this killer stone:https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-maytal-hannah-tapered-baguette-ring.92293/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results