shape
carat
color
clarity

Maybe band is too skinny or smalll?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

northstar_78

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know what to do about this. I''ve only had my lovely e-ring since August so this is a new issue. Recently it has gotten cold here in New York and I''ve noticed that my ring is too small; it''s sliding around a lot and the finger it is on is very numb and cold. All the time...very odd! I broke that arm a while back and lost some range of motion and possibly a few nerves; the cold only exacerbates the problem.

I bought a cheap pink plastic ring that has a nice jade-like look to it for fun and slipped it on underneath. Surpisingly all of the numbness and cold issues went away. The band is pretty wide, like 5mm or more. Maybe the band of my ring is exerting too much pressure on my finger?

What should I do?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2005 6:13:32 PM
Author:northstar_78
I don''t know what to do about this. I''ve only had my lovely e-ring since August so this is a new issue. Recently it has gotten cold here in New York and I''ve noticed that my ring is too small; it''s sliding around a lot and the finger it is on is very numb and cold. All the time...very odd! I broke that arm a while back and lost some range of motion and possibly a few nerves; the cold only exacerbates the problem.

I bought a cheap pink plastic ring that has a nice jade-like look to it for fun and slipped it on underneath. Surpisingly all of the numbness and cold issues went away. The band is pretty wide, like 5mm or more. Maybe the band of my ring is exerting too much pressure on my finger?

What should I do?
Metal draws heat away from the body, other then that I have no clue.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I''m confused. The ring is too SMALL now? Usually when it gets cold, your fingers get smaller and your ring is too big then.

Also, you put another ring on UNDER your wedding band? How did you do that? Is the wedding ring that much bigger than the new ring? Or do you mean you put the new ring on first, making your wedding band sit closer to your knuckle.

northstar_78

Shiny_Rock
The ring is too big now but maybe the thinness of the band has something to do with it? I put the other ring on first then put my e-ring on second.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know why your hand would be so cold and numb...hmmmm. I do not think that loose band would put pressure on your finger.

I think that the ring is too loose because your hands get smaller in the winter. And yes, the more narrow bands do tend to slide around more than the wider ones.

Some people here recommend having sizing balls put into the band to make it tighter temporarily. You might ask your jeweler about them.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My rings get loose in the colder weather too. If you don''t want to get your ring sized get the sizing beads put in your ring. Many people here have them. Good luck, it''s a pain I know!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results