shape
carat
color
clarity

match pendent stone to earrring stones???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Steph T.

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone...

Just a quick question here--should one match a pendent stone (colorwise) to their earring stones??? Currently have 1.09 ctw I-colored white gold studs and now have an "itch" for a pendent!!! Should I aim for a "whiter" stone since It''ll be on my neck and more likely scruntinized??? I plan on getting the best cut of stone I can afford, but not too sure about color. I was thinking an "H" stone, but "I" stones are just more affordable. Any opinions???

Thanks,

Steph

DevilsAdvocate

Rough_Rock
Stephanie,

I think you are right to focus on getting a nice pendant diamond, rather than attempting a match to the earrings.

The difference between an H color and an I color is not discernable to the unaided eye. Cut is far more important. Avoid diamonds with dark centers or a visible girdle reflection (fisheye) under the table. Since the diamond will be tilted and usually below eye level, avoiding a fisheye is important.

I figure you will set it in a white metal pendant. Rhodium plating will make the diamond look whiter, and as a pendant should wear well.You could also rhodium the earrings.

Check several diamonds next to each other. Strongly fluorescent diamonds can look whiter under certain lights, be less expensive, but not look as good under other types of lighting. Use differnt lighting conditions to compare several diamonds.

You do not need to buy an Ideal or Primium Cut. You can save money by getting a fair cut that has nice brilliance, fire, and sparkle. A bezel setting can even hide a stone of below average proportions, so long as it looks pretty face up.

Keep us posted on how you do!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results