shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark Morrell vs Whiteflash

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soconfused

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

Got the stone, and now it''s time for setting. I just want a solitaire and thought I wanted the WF legato, and then I saw Mark Morrell''s Sunburst, Flame and Torchiere. Man. His rings are beautiful!

Thoughts?

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Whiteflash have gorgeous high quality settings but if you are after a stunning jaw-dropping platinum solitaire, then I say Mark Morrell - his designs and so fluid and beautiful.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on finding a stone!!! What type of setting are you looking for? Both vendors make some gorgeous settings!

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
If I were getting a round stone, I would go with an MM setting for sure. They're just stunning. This was the thread where I first saw his work (I bookmarked it!) and I still adore its beauty and simplicity. That would be hard to beat in my opinion. His prices might be a bit higher than WF though?? That's what I recall when I initially looked at his site, but not sure about the details.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-mark-morrell-petite-torchiere.96207/

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
It really depends on what you and you''re girl like?
Is she a platinum girl?
If no, than MM may not be your best option, but if she loves platinum and its not busting your budget I say go for MM.

fwiw, I have the Legato Sleek Lines and love it to bits, but I did want yellow gold.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mark Morrell is quoting a 6 week lead time for his settings. He is also closed from Dec 19 through to Jan 5th.

I had the Whiteflash Legato Sleek Line setting in Platinum and it was beautifully made. Its a lovely setting.

How soon you want the ring. When do you intend on proposing?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2008 3:28:11 AM
Author: arjunajane
It really depends on what you and you''re girl like?
Is she a platinum girl?
If no, than MM may not be your best option, but if she loves platinum and its not busting your budget I say go for MM.

fwiw, I have the Legato Sleek Lines and love it to bits, but I did want yellow gold.
Good question. If so, nobody does it like MM. He''s in a league all his own.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mark''s work is very unique and the craftsmanship is incredible. If you have the time and the $ I personally would wait for a MWM without questions.

Not to say WF''s settings aren''t nicely made, because they are, but a MWM ring is something special.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2008 8:55:21 AM
Author: neatfreak
Mark''s work is very unique and the craftsmanship is incredible. If you have the time and the $ I personally would wait for a MWM without questions.

Not to say WF''s settings aren''t nicely made, because they are, but a MWM ring is something special.

ditto. If you have the time and budget isn''t an issue I''d do the MWM.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock

Agreed!! His stuff is amazing.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2008 2:09:36 PM
Author: gwendolyn

How did I know you would chime in on this thread chicky?!
11.gif
9.gif

Soconfused - Gwen here is a diehard Mark fan, she has been coveting a solitaire from him for a while now.
9.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
His stuff is gorgeous... I just don''t do platinum. Or white gold. I''m a die-hard YG fan!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2008 4:13:28 PM
Author: honey22
Date: 11/27/2008 2:09:36 PM

Author: gwendolyn

How did I know you would chime in on this thread chicky?!

11.gif
9.gif

Soconfused - Gwen here is a diehard Mark fan, she has been coveting a solitaire from him for a while now.
9.gif
Hehehe! This is true--I covet the Torchiere (
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
) and hope one day it will be mine!!
9.gif

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
If you have the budget i would say Mark Morrell, if not has very nice settings too.....you could alway get MWM later

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
I'll chime in with another recommendation for Mark Morrell. I worked with him this past year on a project and found him to be very pleasant to deal with. Also the quality of his work is amazing. Although having said that all the pieces I see from Whiteflash also appear to be topnotch.

Personally speaking, I felt that having my ring made by such an talented and well-respected craftsman made my ring that much more special to me.

Oh and Lara, I believe he does occasionally work with yellow gold (the first version of his Torchiere was in yg with a plat crown) if asked nicely
31.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2008 6:31:07 AM
Author: softly softly
I''ll chime in with another recommendation for Mark Morrell. I worked with him this past year on a project and found him to be very pleasant to deal with. Also the quality of his work is amazing. Although having said that all the pieces I see from Whiteflash also appear to be topnotch.

Personally speaking, I felt that having my ring made by such an talented and well-respected craftsman made my ring that much more special to me.

Oh and Lara, I believe he does occasionally work with yellow gold (the first version of his Torchiere was in yg with a plat crown) if asked nicely
31.gif
Really? HOW NICELY??? Now, I''m intrigued!!!
Gad, my man is going to feel bad about post-poning this upgrade. I''ve already been browsing for a full year (okay, shopping on and off pretty seriously) and the parameters - of my mind - have been stretching wider and wider...
So, how does one ask nicely over the internet, I wonder?!
31.gif
30.gif

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/28/2008 7:30:00 AM
Author: LaraOnline
Date: 11/28/2008 6:31:07 AM

Author: softly softly

I''ll chime in with another recommendation for Mark Morrell. I worked with him this past year on a project and found him to be very pleasant to deal with. Also the quality of his work is amazing. Although having said that all the pieces I see from Whiteflash also appear to be topnotch.

31.gif

Really? HOW NICELY??? Now, I''m intrigued!!!

Gad, my man is going to feel bad about post-poning this upgrade. I''ve already been browsing for a full year (okay, shopping on and off pretty seriously) and the parameters - of my mind - have been stretching wider and wider...

So, how does one ask nicely over the internet, I wonder?!

31.gif
30.gif

All one needs to do is send a nicely worded email (never hurts to ask does it). The bulk of my communications with him were via email (I''m in Australia too) and it worked for me.

Oh and I must say I think you definitely deserve a big fat upgrade after you have your 3rd baby. I have 2 and feel as though I have my hands full.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, in my experience that second baby brought me down with a bump. But don''t worry, it does get better... easier, more enjoyable.
My second is now just two, and to be honest, I''m loving it. His first year passed in something of a blur.
It also helps that my husband has gradually developed into being more hands on than he was earlier....
anyway, sorry to get OT...
Yes, perhaps when the time comes, I will go to him. The trick is, when using MM, it to buy the diamond separately, and have it shipped to him, yes?

Hm, guess I''ll have plenty of time to think about it!
3.gif
12.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results