shape
carat
color
clarity

Mark Morrell CAD images: Take two

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all of your input everyone! I emailed Mark last night around 8pm with my concerns (he gave me exactly what I asked for, but after seeing it I wasn''t so sure). I asked if we could do anything different to make the design look more balanced in relation to the center stone. I checked my mail before I left for work this morning at 7am, and he had already sent me updated CAD images (at around midnight)! He has been great to work with so far!
9.gif

Here is the version without the side stones:

Markcad1.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kearbear, I love those. I think they look incredible and much better...

I still vote for the plain shank
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The version without stones looks much better, could even be a bit thinner. But definetly is more in proportion to the stone. I also like the one with stones. So I guess I''m no help at all. Which one do you like??

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Here are some pictures I put together for easy comparison. Here is the version without side stones. The initial version is on the left, updated version is on the right:

cad1vscad2.JPG

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
And here is the version with side stones. Once again, the initial version is on the left and the updated version is on the right:

cad1cad2.JPG

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
I''m really loving the updated versions of both rings! They look much more balanced to me! The only problem is I''m having sooo much trouble deciding between the version with side stones and the one without!

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Much better!!
36.gif

And I won''t be of much help, because I like them both!
2.gif
3.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Honestly to me it just looks like the pictures have been scaled down. The width of the band seems consistent.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
it looks much better!! both versions look great. one comment is that why are there no head on straight down shots aka the way you look at it on your hand? to me that is the most important shot especially in terms of how the diamond looks size wise to band etc. can you get shots of that from him?

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/13/2005 12:19:58 AM
Author: Mara
it looks much better!! both versions look great. one comment is that why are there no head on straight down shots aka the way you look at it on your hand? to me that is the most important shot especially in terms of how the diamond looks size wise to band etc. can you get shots of that from him?

I wondered the same thing Mara! I''m going to ask him if he can do a CAD showing both versions straight down. I think that would definitely help me in my decision making process!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think having a straight down shot will be the money shot. I would love to see that as right now I''m 50/50.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Glad things are going as planned with your MM project! Both images look great to me. Which do you prefer?

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Hi I am new to this thread...I am staring at all of these, and can''t decipher where and what was done in the change. I would love to know to help train my eye to recognize proper scale. Won''t someone explain it please?

I do love them all. Th

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote plain, still. I love the plain.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/13/2005 1:00:46 AM
Author: door knob solitaire
Hi I am new to this thread...I am staring at all of these, and can''t decipher where and what was done in the change. I would love to know to help train my eye to recognize proper scale. Won''t someone explain it please?

I do love them all. Th
Here is the email that Mark wrote me explaining the updated CAD images (hopefully this will help
1.gif
):

After I did the layouts for your ring according to your notes, I sensed that a slightly less wide ring shank with a taper toward the back of the ring would look better than what I was seeing. I made mention of this on the web page that I put together for you.

I''ve taken some time this evening to change the ring shank to what I believe is a more appealing look. I''ve made some images of tonight''s changes and have also made smaller versions of the new images to give a better sense of over all scale. Sometimes my big images can be a bit overwhelming.

Do the attached revisions of your ring look to be more appropriate?

Best

Mark Morrell

anika

Shiny_Rock
The new finer bands looks beautiful. I think the top down shot will be the clincher. Do you think the side diamonds version, still looks a bit stripey?
Anika

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too vote for the plain shank. His polish work is always so wonderful - those diamonds in the shank take away that look - just my opinion!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a pic off Mark''s WEbsite that is of a ring very similar to kearbears with the sidestones...maybe that will help see what the final ring will look like..

p.s. i still vote plain shank
2.gif
3.gif

mmsidestripe...jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: mrssalvo
Kearbear, I love those. I think they look incredible and much better...

I still vote for the plain shank
2.gif
What she said!

I too much prefer the plain shank. I think the side "stripe" detracts from the lovely liquid flow of the ring..

widget

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also vote for plain.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely the plain shank. I think the new version is definitely better proportioned too...

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Voting for plain shank this time around! It''s much more in proportion, though even a bit thinner would be nice too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results