shape
carat
color
clarity

Making offer to Vintage Jewelry Store..Good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

heyjudes

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been thinking about the ring that I lost. See related link Story of a Ring.

Since I know that the ring was sold just yesterday to a particular vintage store and the price for which it was sold, would it make sense to make an offer to the store? Do you think they would accept a offer of just a hundred or two more just for the quick sale?

I know, I''m obsessing. I know some of you might tell me to just let it go. I''m not ready to. Just yet, especially if there is the possibility of getting it for just a few hundred more..

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It doesn’t hurt to ask but I wouldn’t expect them to agree to it. They surely have an expectation of what they can get for the piece, or the parts of it, and I would be surprised if they are eager to discount it early in the program. I guess it depends on their cash flow situation and how hard they think it'll be to sell. Depending on your city and the nature of their license, they may be required to hold it intact for a while by the way. That said, give it a try. What have you got to lose?

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

heyjudes

Shiny_Rock
It''s located in the suburbs of Chicago. Any idea what the laws are there?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
No clue, but I’m sure they can tell you. Around here it varies by both city and county in terms of what forms need to be filled out, what licenses are required, how long they have to hold things, etc. The various cities and even divisions within some of the cities are not all the same. I brought it up because they may not be even permitted to sell it for a while and this may be an important concern for you. If they're interested in selling it, I presume they'll be happy to tell you what the restrictions are, if any.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in the suburbs..what area is it in? (and NO I do not want to buy it)

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
What is the style of the ring and how much money are we talking about here? I wonder if we can help you find something similar for the same or better price.

heyjudes

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/23/2010 6:31:34 PM
Author: dreamer_d
What is the style of the ring and how much money are we talking about here? I wonder if we can help you find something similar for the same or better price.
It was more the diamond within the stone. It was a 1.9 carat, K, SI1 OEC. And I had offered $2,300 for it and had that until I messed up with the appraiser. It really might be unbeatable price wise.
8.gif

heyjudes

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/23/2010 6:23:59 PM
Author: AprilBaby
I am in the suburbs..what area is it in? (and NO I do not want to buy it)

LOL AprilBaby - it''s in Oak Park. :)

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2010 8:23:44 PM
Author: heyjudes

It was more the diamond within the stone. It was a 1.9 carat, K, SI1 OEC. And I had offered $2,300 for it and had that until I messed up with the appraiser. It really might be unbeatable price wise.
8.gif
Wow... that is a really good price.

Maybe you need to stop thinking about it? I think the jewelry will really jack up the price and get you even more mad.

heyjudes

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/23/2010 9:19:25 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
Wow... that is a really good price.

Maybe you need to stop thinking about it? I think the jewelry will really jack up the price and get you even more mad.

Easier said than done Charmy LOL. I guess it really depends on how much they would jack it up. I know it's a great deal even at a higher price...

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Doesn''t hurt to try. I faced a similar situation once ... well not really. I found a ring at an amazing deal and gave a really low offer. The bad thing was .. they got another offer for only 5 bucks more and they accepted it. I was kicking myself for not offering just a little more. I still think about it after 2 years.

Ok ... I am not helping. Do contact the store .. you might be pleasantly surprised.

heyjudes

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/23/2010 10:08:50 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
Doesn''t hurt to try. I faced a similar situation once ... well not really. I found a ring at an amazing deal and gave a really low offer. The bad thing was .. they got another offer for only 5 bucks more and they accepted it. I was kicking myself for not offering just a little more. I still think about it after 2 years.

Ok ... I am not helping. Do contact the store .. you might be pleasantly surprised.

LOL Charmy. I''m glad I''m not unique in thinking about this. It was just such a good deal and our budget is higher than that. I just couldn''t believe my good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results