shape
carat
color
clarity

Low Color, Strong Flourescence

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cem2000

Rough_Rock
I am looking at a 1.03 diamond that is cut to ideal proportions and scores a 1.6 on HCA (Ex, Ex, VG, VG). The spread is 1.48. Clarity is an eye-clean SI2. The problem is that the color is I. It does have strong fluorescence, though. Will the cut and the fluorescence be able to mask the yellow tint? I have heard that strong fluorescence can cause a diamond to look milky or oily, especially in lower colors. Then again, I have also heard the exact opposite, that the more fluorescence in lower colors, the whiter it looks. Which is true. I just want a diamond that looks white. After I get into the H colors for a diamond of this quality, the price starts to jump dramatically. Thanks for everyone''s help
Chris

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
less than 1% of fluoro diamonds is oliy or hazy - and only when the Fluoro is very strong is it a potential worry.

Sounds like a great budget combination - your $'s go towoard size
1.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I have a large "I" colored stone w/ med/strong blue fluor. It faces up significantly whiter than "I' colors I viewed without the fluor.

Good luck. Only your eyes will be able to be the determining factor.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I color with stong blue fl. is absolutely a great way to get a much larger stone without sacrificing beauty!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results