shape
carat
color
clarity

Loose diamonds on eternity band - help please

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
I noticed a couple of stones from my shared prong eternity band are loose. One stone I can actually spin around. :((

I am so upset because I am 10 hours away from the store I purchased the band from and I'm not sure if my local jeweler can fix it.

Has anyone ever brought their stones to get tightened and how difficult of a process is this and were you happy with the outcome? Is this a common thing for eternity bands or was there a problem with the craftmanship in the first place?

My band is platinum and and I'm also wondering if this a metal that is easy to work with compared to gold (my local jeweler only sells gold settings)? I am so upset about this and scared. I'm won't wear the band until I figure out what to do.

Thanks.

Cachette :))

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
I'm so sorry! I can imagine why you're so worried! I've never dealt with this but what about calling them and explaining the situation? Maybe they can suggest a store closer to you that could help tighten it and that they trust. Good luck!!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks confusedaisy. :))

I bought it at Birks in Toronto and that is the nearest on to me (I live way up North!).

I called a local gold smith and she told me that she doesn't work with platinum and that she doesn't have the tools to melt it (requires higher temperature to melt she says).

I miss wearing my band already!

I'll call Birks and see what they say.

Cachette :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results