shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for emerald cut, just over 1 cut, how low in clarity

ryseattle

Rough_Rock
I've settled on a nice emerald cut diamond for my fiancee and after doing research and talking with jewelers it sounds as if emerald cuts will show imperfections more readily than other cuts.

With that in mind what clarity would be the lowest you'd go... VS2 or VS1 is what I was thinking.

Thoughts?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Looking for emerald cut, just over 1 cut, how low in cla

I saw a 1.1 something F VS1 estate Tiffany emerald cut for just over $4k. Want the name of the estate store? They will ship to where you are. It was beautiful and if I hadn't just spent a ton, I would have bought it.

ryseattle

Rough_Rock

Yes PLEASE!!!!! (and thanks!)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

vs2 is usually eyeclean. you have to buy from images and not numbers and lab reports.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

kelpie

Ideal_Rock

I have a 1.62 F SI1 that is completely eyeclean under the closest scrutiny. This is because the grade setting flaws are blemishes on the pavilion side such as a natural and extra facet. So you can get an eyeclean SI stone but the type and placement of inclusions will make all the difference in how clean it looks to the eye and you'll likely have to do more sifting to find one. James Allen would be a good place to start with their awesome 360 degree pics. Otherwise I'd say VS1 is the typically fail-safe lowest grade for a step cut.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ryseattle|1398021486|3656678 said:

Firestone and Parson in Boston. They are on Newbury Street.

It was a really big, beautiful, well lit store. Amazing stuff in there. If there are any other Bostonians, chime in on your opinions because I did not actually buy anything.

They will work with people out of state. Just tell them a friend saw a 1+ carat Tiffany emerald cut, F VS1 I think, who was there shopping over marathon weekend. (It was definitely estate.) It was about $4300. It looked beautiful.

http://www.firestoneandparson.com/

ryseattle

Rough_Rock

Thanks for the help thus far guys/gals. I've run across this diamond at Zoara, what do you think:

1.16 Carat Emerald Diamond

This 1.16 carat diamond has E color, Excellent cut and VVS2 clarity, and features a diamond grading report provided by the GIA.
Catalog ID: D11169866940L

Here is the link: http://www.zoara.com/diamonds/p_emerald_excellent_cut_e_vvs2#p=30219

It looks great and is well within my budget, I'm stoked... But I am new to diamonds, is there anything I should be worried about?

Thanks!
Ryan

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ryan, please don't waste your time looking at sites that do not provide pictures of the actual stone and offer idealscope or ASET images. I normally recommend Good Old Gold for step cuts as they have the best track record of finding well cut stones. But I highly recommend checking out the Tiffany EC in Boston. Tiffany usually has well cut stones and the price on that one is pretty incredible.

ryseattle

Rough_Rock

LLJsmom|1398227980|3658365 said:
ryseattle|1398021486|3656678 said:

Firestone and Parson in Boston. They are on Newbury Street.

It was a really big, beautiful, well lit store. Amazing stuff in there. If there are any other Bostonians, chime in on your opinions because I did not actually buy anything.

They will work with people out of state. Just tell them a friend saw a 1+ carat Tiffany emerald cut, F VS1 I think, who was there shopping over marathon weekend. (It was definitely estate.) It was about $4300. It looked beautiful.

http://www.firestoneandparson.com/

Thanks so much for the info, I emailed and called them...

You were right, that is a GREAT looking diamond!!! 1.18 Carats, F in color, VS1, tiffany cut emerald.... Unfortunately you mistook the 4 in 4,300... it's $9,300 dollars!!!! =)

But man does it look slick!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh gosh!!!! I AM TOTALLY SORRY!! I misread that sticker. :(sad No wonder it looked so perfect!! I really really apologize for sending you on a wild goose chase. I hope you find the perfect one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results