shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for 3-stone Cushion Halo for a RB

Hello ladies.

I found a ring at a B&M store that I LOVE. I initially went to see the Tacori 2628 in person I thought I had loved. Low & behold I don't like Tacori's afterall! #whoknew!

But then the rep showed me something similar that looks better to me. I'm so happy because now I don't have to settle for the 3x higher prices of Tacori. MY SO was very happy about that. LOL

Only thing is the one she showed me was of a CAD from their store. So, it looked less quality to me. She said they can custom make it however I like (although still CAD) if I bring in a picture.

So can any one show me a pic of a ring consisting of:

1. Round brilliant with a cushion halo
2. Emerald/Trapezoid/Cadillac sidestones (any non-brilliant side)
3. Can be just center halo or all halo on all 3

Please help. Thanks in advance.

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks !!!

That was my favorite ring until I got to see it in person. For some reason, I didn't seem to like the Tacori designs in person the way I fawn for them online. So I'm trying to get a similar look, but different designer. And hopefully, side traps instead. Can even be from a B&M.

Any help much appreciated.

kristi2011

Rough_Rock
Wow I thought I was the only person who had that experience w Tacori rings. I first fell madly deeply in love with the 2620 until I saw it in person. It looks so different in person.

Did you end up finding the ring you want? If yes pls post pictures I like to see.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Me too .. actually, it is that way for me with most designers. Photos are amazing ... real life .. not so much.

I think the only exception for me was with Leon Mege where I was even more amazed when I saw the pieces in person.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
CharmyPoo|1301193968|2880938 said:
Me too .. actually, it is that way for me with most designers. Photos are amazing ... real life .. not so much.

I think the only exception for me was with Leon Mege where I was even more amazed when I saw the pieces in person.

Charmy, the two that blew my socks right off where Durnell and Daniel K. Look SO much more amazing in real life. Just knock outs.

I have to say though that I have been pleasantly surprised by Beverly K as well. It's no where NEAR the same league. But I always find that the online pics match up very well to the reality in stores. Which is really all you can ask for.

Tacori is hit or miss with me. Usually a miss. But there is ONE ring that I really love by them.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1301219950|2881053 said:
Charmy, the two that blew my socks right off where Durnell and Daniel K. Look SO much more amazing in real life. Just knock outs.

I have to say though that I have been pleasantly surprised by Beverly K as well. It's no where NEAR the same league. But I always find that the online pics match up very well to the reality in stores. Which is really all you can ask for.

Tacori is hit or miss with me. Usually a miss. But there is ONE ring that I really love by them.

How could I forget about Daniel K! For me, I first saw Daniel K rings in person and I was very pleased ... I felt their pictures didn't do them justice!! Beverly K was ok for me - didn't disappoint or blow me away. I still have yet to see Durnell's work in person but I haven't been drawn to her style.

Chris-at-ERD

Rough_Rock
Trade
I am in total agreement with DanielK.....In my opinion the "Rosebud" design is absolutely magnificent ! WOW...what a design.

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
kristi2011|1301191115|2880932 said:
Wow I thought I was the only person who had that experience w Tacori rings. I first fell madly deeply in love with the 2620 until I saw it in person. It looks so different in person.

Did you end up finding the ring you want? If yes pls post pictures I like to see.
Yeah, I was so disappointed because it would be so much easier for me to tell my SO a specific stock setting to make his life (& mine) so much easier.

I haven't really found a vendor/designer that can reproduce what I'm looking for. So weird because I can find it easily in a B&M in no-name, lower quality stock settings. I want not only the look, but quality & durability.

I did scour this site & actually found a picture of the exact setting another poster took. Hope she doesn't mind. From this thread: http://www.pricescope.com/forum/col...arrived-t130505-60.html?hilit=brilliant traps

Setting with Step-cut Traps like the one I saw at the the B&M:

pssetting.png

It's a cushion-shaped halo but the poster was trying to pair it with her colored stone, which didn't exactly fit the setting, but it gives you an idea.

pssetting2.png

But then I saw this pic of Brilliant Traps. And I think I like it better for a RB

pssetting4.png

pssetting3.png

br%20traps5.jpg

All 3 stones halo'd looked a little too bulky & 'blingy' for me so here is my very poor attempt (w/ only the paint tool for Windows) at cropping it out. I feel it makes the setting a little more delicate for a RB in the cushion-shaped halo, which won't be so long in length.

pssetting5.png

I'm so glad because at least I can send a picture to a vendor to re-create. NOW the question is which Vendor/Designer/Quality B&M to re-create this for me at a fair price. Not overpriced. So the quest continues.....

Thoughts???

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
CharmyPoo|1301193968|2880938 said:

Yeah. Disappointing. Leon would be great, but I'd want more input into the process than I think he would let me.

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
Tuckins1|1301234558|2881113 said:

Thanks! Those look great! Would love them with side stones. And also, from what I've read, I think Know jewelers requires a purchase of them main stone from them? But I do love their designs!

From the above remarks, I think I will check out Daniel K. too.

katedrac

Rough_Rock
I actually have a cushion halo on my round from Victor Canera. I think the shape has to be just right for it to look nice. I've seen some online and the cushions didn't flatter the round as much. Were you looking for a halo for your side stones too? Here's a piece from Victor's site with an oval but I'm sure he can design something for another shape too: http://www.victorcanera.com/jewelry/engagement-rings/oval-trilogy-halo-with-half-moons.html.. Mine is a pave shank that leads to the cushion halo and center. I enjoyed the shopping process as much as owning the ring btw., so have fun!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
katedrac|1301273596|2881473 said:
I actually have a cushion halo on my round from Victor Canera. I think the shape has to be just right for it to look nice. I've seen some online and the cushions didn't flatter the round as much. Were you looking for a halo for your side stones too? Here's a piece from Victor's site with an oval but I'm sure he can design something for another shape too: http://www.victorcanera.com/jewelry/engagement-rings/oval-trilogy-halo-with-half-moons.html... Mine is a pave shank that leads to the cushion halo and center. I enjoyed the shopping process as much as owning the ring btw., so have fun!

I totally agree with the bold! I will check out Victor Canera too. His rings look beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results