shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking at 3 H&A (WF/BG), trying to find best bang for bucks

darknezx

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I would like to purchase a H&A diamond, and have found that most generally consider Whiteflash and Brian Gavin to be among the best in the business. I have identified 3 based on my criteria:

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.606-g-vs2-round-diamond-ags-c-104077267039
[0.606 G VS2]

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.603-g-vs2-round-diamond-ags-104078383021
[0.603 G VS2]

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3372514.htm?a_aid=55455e57ef1dd
[0.625 G VS2]

(Sorry for some reason I can't embed the images here!)

I have asked around on the internet (those diamond review websites with affiliated links), and it seems a toss up. Would like to humbly consult Pricescope members on which one seems the best? :confused: To me, they really look the same, and perhaps the whiteflash seems the most value for money, because it is just slightly more expensive but is an extra 0.02 ca more. Although if I must caveat, for some reason the 0.625 looks yellowish. All H&A pictures look good as well to my lay person understanding of the guides circulating on pricescope and the internet. Thanks so much guys! :angel:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Looking at 3 H&A (WF/BG), trying to find best bang for b

All of the diamonds are very fine choices. I would say that with the $25 off for registering on the Whiteflash site, I'd probably go for that one just because it is .625 and a minute bit larger than the other two...very small difference, but mentally, I'd prefer the extra weight. I have bought diamonds form WF and upgraded them (for earrings) more than once, and I love their ACAs! They used to give a small Pricescope discount, so you may want to ask about that, too, but they may have lowered their prices on the site instead. I should find out about that.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

All 3 are gorgeous options. It's been said here before, " you can't make a wrong choice in this decision".

I briefly read your other thread about you prefer to have the stone set locally because of any issues related to the bench perhaps chipping the stone . I'm not sure the entire story but I would consider buying the setting when you buy your diamond & have the vendor mount the stone. Have it sized at home. :sun: If you go with this idea, just buy the stone from where the best design is from. LOL

8-)

solgen

Brilliant_Rock

I would choose the WF diamond solely because of their trade up program.

darknezx

Rough_Rock

ccuheartnurse|1436254119|3899786 said:
All 3 are gorgeous options. It's been said here before, " you can't make a wrong choice in this decision".

I briefly read your other thread about you prefer to have the stone set locally because of any issues related to the bench perhaps chipping the stone . I'm not sure the entire story but I would consider buying the setting when you buy your diamond & have the vendor mount the stone. Have it sized at home. :sun: If you go with this idea, just buy the stone from where the best design is from. LOL

8-)

Thanks for the replies everyone! I paid a deposit unfortunately with a jeweler, but chose not to take it up. It's around $120. So I thought it'll be good to not forfeit the deposit if I do the setting with him at the least. His prices are also quite affordable (setting locally is rather cheap even at the retail outlets, around $300). Fingers crossed that he doesn't chip it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results