shape
carat
color
clarity

looked at a 4.37 ct rb GIA I VS 1 that a jeweler had on consignment...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
from his customer.this stone was chip at the girdle with a 66% table/57.7% depth
6.gif
i thought if the price was right i''ll buy it and have it recut into ideal proportions,he was asking 38k for the stone.
23.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2005 78:17 PM
Author:Dancing Fire
from his customer.this stone was chip at the girdle with a 66% table/57.7% depth i thought if the price was right i'll buy it and have it recut into ideal proportions,he was asking 38k for the stone.
the 38k seems in line with what an AGS0 piece around 3.5cts would cost... And that's reasonable prediction (I hope) for a recut.

But then... there are enough "already ideal" for the money
2.gif
- that's no real bargain
8.gif

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Dancing Fire,

Recutting is significantly more complicated than it appears at first blush. There are a LOT of variables to take into consideration and there is a certain amount of risk involved. Consult with someone who knows what they’re doing before you embark on this project. There is money to be made here, and there is the possibility of getting a stone for a better price than you otherwise might need to pay but watch out for the assumptions you make. Most people would consider this to be quite a bit of money for a pretty speculative adventure.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
there is no way i''m paying $38k for this stone,after paying for a recut,new cert,shipping,etc,it will cost me over $40k and end up with a 3.25 ct-3.5 ct stone? i just thought if i buy it cheap enough then it''s worth taking a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results