shape
carat
color
clarity

Long shot...does anyone know craftsman in Hong Kong that is of Leon Mege caliber??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

I will be upgrading my ring and have decided on a delicate micropave setting. I''ve read many rave reviews of the work that Leon Mege does but unfortunately I live in Hong Kong so it would be complicated to have him set the stone. It would be much easier if I can find someone locally who does excellent work. I am weary of going to just anyone as I had a RHR made recently and it was a huge disappointment. And I even gave the jeweler an actually sample to replicate from (it was a piece of costume jewelry with micropave that I loved so I wanted it made into fine jewelry with white gold with real diamonds). Even though they took it back a couple times to tweak it, it''s still not perfect but the fact of the matter is, it''s just beyond their skill level. They really did try to make it to my satisfaction. Now it''s just an expensive piece of eyesore.

So if anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear about it.

And in case I end up using Leon, does anyone know the ins and outs of shipping jewelry internationally. Which courier can provide the service, will they fully insure the stone, etc. I read on some of the posts that the USPS will insure up to $25000. What are the options for stones valued at more than that?

Thanks alot!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
I''d think Leon has worked with international clients before; perhaps you can contact him directly with the query.

I don''t know Hong Kong craftsmen but you might seek input from Marc Brauner of IGI. He is local and well-placed in the trade; tell him he was recommended through Pricescope, as I think he''s aware of this site. The HK office number is +852 2522 9880. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results