shape
carat
color
clarity

light effects for "colorless" diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cory p

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I''m looking at princess cuts in the .75 cut range for my girlfriend. we went to robins bros just to browse and they shosed us mostly f,g,h stones which looked fairly white(colorless). after seeing their prices, i went to another vendor that had this stone,

.81c
D=72.9%
T=69%
G=thin to med
Finigh VG
Polich Good
VVS1 (CHAR. CLOUD)
Color G

for some reason it seemed to look more yellow than the ones we saw at rb. can the store lighting effect this greatly? also what does the CHAR mean next to the clarity label? i''d think if it was a vvs1, it wouldn''t be cloudy....
35.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock

hey cory p! welcome to ps

35.gif

there are many factors that could contribute to the differences you are seeing. one reason could be actual color differences.
stones are graded according to certain characteristics which they posess. clarity and color a two of the things graded. stones can be sent to different labs for grading and not all of them are consistent and stringent. what one lab grades as a 'g' color, might be graded as an 'i' color by another. these differences in grading could contribute to the differences you are seeing between the stones. keep in mind too, that a better cut can help mask body color by reflecting more light back to your eye.

as far as the 'CHAR' note on the report, that stands for characteristics. this stone obviously has a cloud, which is a type of inclusion, as it's characteristic

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results