shape
carat
color
clarity

Let''s See Gelin & Abaci Pics! Real-life photos please.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wanderlost

Shiny_Rock
Howdy.

I''ve been facinated by tension settings since I first saw them &
wanted to find out people''s experience with them in real life. Also...
I was baffled in my search to find a collection of in-person (on-hand)
pictures of Gelin & Abaci rings... and was hoping that anyone who might
have a picture (or a digital camera) might be able to help me out.

I think (we''ve) narrowed it down to just a few, however, dealing with
a B&M - I thought for sure they''d be able to produce a sample for us
to view... unfortunately they haven''t and we''re back to looking in
the catalog & at mickyroof''s website (which is fantastic).

Thanks for all your help... (I look forward to seeing some beautiful rings)
-B

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
sndgems.com has some pictures of real Gelin-Abaci rings, don't think they have any hand shots though.

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Also,if at all possible, you might want to try them on before you make the final decision. My boyfriend loved tension settings but when i tried them on (they were Kretchmer), they felt very bulky and uncomfortable on my finger. Just something to consider...

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
I had the same bulk problem as well. I have tiny hands, and they looked really, really funny on me. (At least it got the saleslady laughing) It's a pity, there was one we really liked.

In any case, you might want to PM winyan, since she has one of these as a middle-finger ring, and I haven't seen pictures of it up here, but she regularly photographs her wonderful jewelry.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Yes, if you don't get to try it on before you buy, make sure there's a fantastic return policy--money back, no questions if you don't like it once it arrives.

Tension settings are very cool, but they don't look good on everybody, and lots of people find them uncomfortable. I was all set to buy one myself until I tried it on.

wanderlost

Shiny_Rock
Unfortunately, from what I know.... Tension sets (since they're custom made for both ring size and the actual rock that's going into them) are not returnable.

What I'm really looking for if anyone can help me is pictures of tension sets on HANDS!!!
1.gif
Hope to see some soon....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results