shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon, Steven or Victor for my double halo fancy yellow?

Butterfly123

Shiny_Rock
Hello Everyone.
I am in love with Soleste and currently in search for fancy yellow cushion. In the meantime, I am looking for a jeweler who will make my dream RHR ring. I met with Steven and Leon and really like their work but have not seen Victor's work in person. I live in NYC and it is easier for me if I go with Steven but need advice from all of you, especially who owns rings from Leon, Steven and Victor.
Thank you so much for your help!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Butterfly - would any of these styles work for what you are thinking of? I have not seen nor do I own a VC, LM or SK ring but I did just try on all of these rings a few days ago and I was blown away by the finishing and workmanship on them. These are all on the diamondsbylauren.com website and they are TDF in real life! What you see on the screen - they are even MORE amazing in person.

Just thought since you are in NYC, perhaps this may be another avenue to pursue.... Best of luck in your search!

img_254.jpg

img_2589.jpg

img_255.jpg

img_256.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
If you are going to do a Soleste inspired ring I would recommend adding DBL to your list of vendor quotes. He has already done several and I think they are beautiful.

Here is a link to Wintotty's "Soleste" by DBL. I believe she got a pretty good deal on it because she bought the diamond and have david do the setting.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-rhr-double-halo-yellow-diamond-ring.157408/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-rhr-double-halo-yellow-diamond-ring.157408/[/URL]

https://www.pricescope.com/blog/jewel-week-tiffany-inspired-yellow-diamond-ring

I have a VC halo, a LM eternity band and right now SK is doing a 3 stone ring for me as a RHR. For me choosing the vendor will really come down to the price quotes as I believe all the options you listed would make an excellent version. As much as I love my halo by VC I think he is usually more expensive and since you are in NYC you will need to ship or pay for shipping to CA. However I guess you wouldn't have to pay NY state tax since it was purchased out of state. Where as the other vendors you would have to pay sales tax. Also just another side note, Leon doesn't always quote his prices with melee so if you request a quote from him make sure he understands you want the pricing for the diamonds included in the quote.

Like I said I think they can all easily pull off this ring, so I would shop around for who has the best deal and then call them. If they understand what I'm going for and I get that warm / fuzzy feeling inside...well then that is typically the person I sign with.

I guess I should also add that I have bought a FLY off DBL, but have never hired them for a setting or custom work.

dbl_sol.jpg

team pandas

Rough_Rock
I'm actually in the process of getting a ring inspired by the Tiffany soleste made.

I went with Dbl after seeing winottys ring. I haven't dealt with Dbl but have to say all my experiences with David have been lovely.

It was supposed to be finished last week but unfortunately mother nature came around so it has been pushed back a bit. Hopefully I can post photos of it in the next two weeks or so.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
team pandas|1352170968|3299579 said:
I'm actually in the process of getting a ring inspired by the Tiffany soleste made.

I went with Dbl after seeing winottys ring. I haven't dealt with Dbl but have to say all my experiences with David have been lovely.

It was supposed to be finished last week but unfortunately mother nature came around so it has been pushed back a bit. Hopefully I can post photos of it in the next two weeks or so.

Oh post pictures Team Pandas. I would love to see another "soleste" ring on PS. They are lovely and really growing on me.

Butterfly123

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for your comments. I met with DBL and Steven Kirsch and personally love SK's work! It's so delicate and beautiful. He is more expensive but in my opinion, it's worth it. I have seen VC work here and I am in love too so not sure who to go with it.
Thanks again!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vote is for Victor Canera--I would just email him and see what he says. He's done a double halo also. He's very approachable!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think working with someone locally has huge advantages. Any maintenance you'll need in the future is much easier to do without having to deal with shipping your ring across the country. I have a SK ring and absolutely love and really appreciated being able to see it in person while he was working on it, so Steven would be my recommendation.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
alene|1352303137|3300508 said:
I think working with someone locally has huge advantages. Any maintenance you'll need in the future is much easier to do without having to deal with shipping your ring across the country. I have a SK ring and absolutely love and really appreciated being able to see it in person while he was working on it, so Steven would be my recommendation.

Yup I pretty much agree with Alene. I have a VC ring and it is gorgeous. But it can be a pain shipping back and forth to the west coast when I'm on the east coast. If I lived in NYC and ruled out DBL I would totally go for SK.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I vote to stick with Leon or Steven since you are local. Their pave is second to none .... Leon's metal work is just fantastic and I have yet to find another that can make a better flowing ring.

Butterfly123

Shiny_Rock
I contacted both vendors and it seems like both are very easy to work with. VC's quote is 1 K more than Steven's but it's not the money issue. I just can't decide who to go with :(
Both guaranteed 100 % hand forged rings.
My fancy yellow diamond is on the way to me so I want to make a decision quickly. Who do I choose???

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Butterfly123|1353104110|3308173 said:
I contacted both vendors and it seems like both are very easy to work with. VC's quote is 1 K more than Steven's but it's not the money issue. I just can't decide who to go with :(
Both guaranteed 100 % hand forged rings.
My fancy yellow diamond is on the way to me so I want to make a decision quickly. Who do I choose???

Local and cheaper = no brainer.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I understand that lately there have been a TON of wonderful reviews for VC, so unintentional peer pressure is pushing you that direction (that's my guess, anyway). However, SK has plenty of excellent reviews as well, and from very discerning PSers. I think that Yssie is right - not only will you save a bit of money, but you get all of the benefits of working with someone locally if you choose SK. How ridiculously upsetting would it be for your brand new ring to go missing in the mail if you use VC? It seems far-fetched, but we've seen it happen (including myself personally!). I think SK will do a brilliant job, and I can't wait to see the photos. :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those of us who don't live in NYC or CA, it doesn't matter because we have to send our stones out of state regardless. But in your case, you live in a place with some excellent choices, you have visited Leon, SK, and DBL and have seen their work. I think you sound like you loved SK's work the most. And since it is in a location that would be easy to go to if you ever needed sizing or replaced stones, SK would have the advantage. I only have a pave item from Victor and it is very perfect, but it sounds like you felt that SK's work was excellent as well! Lucky you to be able to go to those vendors and compare!!! Good luck to you!

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
While choosing vendors is definitely a very personal choice, i wanted to just throw it out there that i too am located in NYC and have had no trouble whatsoever transporting my ring by the diamond armored delivery service MALCA AMIT located both in NYC and LA. VC has a long standing account there where every time I would just drop off the ring / diamond / setting at the Malca Amit office on 580 Fifth avenue, and the item would be express delivered to VC the very next morning via window to window service.

Round trip costs $65-$90 depending on the value of the item. full value that you fill in on the invoice is 100% insured.

hope this helps !

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Butterfly123

Shiny_Rock
Initially I thought I'd go with Steven, but after seeing so many beautiful rings from Victor and reading the comparison from Frankie, I am leaning more toward Victor.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You need to choose the vendor you feel most comfortable working with. Whether or not we would make the same choice is irrelevant.

Few PSers have had halo pieces made by more than one of the above, and so few PSers are in positions to offer useful comparisons. Frankie, Charmy, and Phoenix are the only ones that come to mind. If you go through their threads you may find more details that help you make your decision.

Have you contacted the vendors and discussed your project with them? If not I strongly suggest you do so.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I don't think you can go wrong with a halo from VC. The last ring he made for Frankie is literally perfection ... I can't find anything wrong with it from the photos.

Butterfly123

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for all your comments, they are very helpful. I will post pictures once my ring is done. Thanks again!

Butterfly123

Shiny_Rock
frankiextah|1353474140|3311734 said:
not sure if you've already seen this but here's a VC double halo :

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/another-great-engagement-ring-from-victor.176314/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/another-great-engagement-ring-from-victor.176314/[/URL]

i agree with Yssie that it is the most important for you to feel comfortable to work with your jeweler, whoever it may be !

Frankie,
Thank you for posting the link! The ring is gorgeous!!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you've made the decision to go with VC? I doubt there's a wrong choice with the vendors you are considering.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results