shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon Mege spacer

KikiD

Shiny_Rock
Hey Guys :D

I really really want the Leon Mege spacer. In fact, I am sort of obsessed lol For those of you that have it could you please post some close up pictures and possibly tell me the measurements so I can get an idea of what it would look like on my finger. That would be awesome :D

Thanks!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi KiKi-I don't have any pictures right now, my computer crashed and I lost all the ones I had previously posted. But,
if you click on my avatar, where it says all users topics, you can pull up my thread called Luv2sparkles 313 Ashley and
there are quite a few up close photos there.

Let me know if you still want to see more and I will try to post some more photos.

KikiD

Shiny_Rock
luv2sparkle said:
Hi KiKi-I don't have any pictures right now, my computer crashed and I lost all the ones I had previously posted. But,
if you click on my avatar, where it says all users topics, you can pull up my thread called Luv2sparkles 313 Ashley and
there are quite a few up close photos there.

Let me know if you still want to see more and I will try to post some more photos.

Hey Luv! Your ring is AMAZING!! Actually, you whole set is. What I am looking for is some close up photos of just the spacer itself and if you happen to know the measurements of it. If you can do that that would be fantastic!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, here are a few. The first is next to a 2mm spacer in platinum that I purchased from Blue Nile, just so you can
get a perspective of the size of it.

IMG_0367.JPG

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the compliments on my set, Kiki! I appreciate your comments so much. I don't have any measurements
as to the width because Leon didn't give me any. In fact, when I ordered it, I thought I would be getting something
else entirely. He has one picture of a spacer on his site that has a cut out for the head of the ring, and is flat, and
that is what I thought I would get. I was totally stunned when I opened the box. So if you want a specific kind of
spacer you need to bring it up with Leon and discuss it. He would do what he thought is right for your ring. He is pretty
much usually right, as he has a great artistic eye for this stuff.

I attached a photo from farther away, so you can see that the spacer is almost invisible. I have had people notice my
ring but not the spacer.I thought it was pretty pricey at first, and it kinda is, but not that much out of line if you were
going to buy a band from most vendors. My ring from Blue Nile was a couple hundred bucks, but bands from BGD or
other vendors are generally more. I am really glad I purchased it now though.

If these pics are not what you want, let me know and I will try to get the shot you are looking for.

IMG_0341.JPG

KikiD

Shiny_Rock
luv2sparkle said:
Thank you for the compliments on my set, Kiki! I appreciate your comments so much. I don't have any measurements
as to the width because Leon didn't give me any. In fact, when I ordered it, I thought I would be getting something
else entirely. He has one picture of a spacer on his site that has a cut out for the head of the ring, and is flat, and
that is what I thought I would get. I was totally stunned when I opened the box. So if you want a specific kind of
spacer you need to bring it up with Leon and discuss it. He would do what he thought is right for your ring. He is pretty
much usually right, as he has a great artistic eye for this stuff.

I attached a photo from farther away, so you can see that the spacer is almost invisible. I have had people notice my
ring but not the spacer.I thought it was pretty pricey at first, and it kinda is, but not that much out of line if you were
going to buy a band from most vendors. My ring from Blue Nile was a couple hundred bucks, but bands from BGD or
other vendors are generally more. I am really glad I purchased it now though.

If these pics are not what you want, let me know and I will try to get the shot you are looking for.

Thanks Luv! Those pictures were perfect. I just set my new pear and I am really afraid that the .22s in my eternity are going to ruin my brand new setting so I am not going to wear them together until I get a spacer. It definitely seems pricey but I guess in the long run if it protects my setting it is worth it. Is yours gold or platinum? My setting and eternity are 14K so would you recommend getting the spacer in the same or using platinum? Not sure how metal against metal works out.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kiki, I am glad that is what you needed. I would get one to match your rings. There are threads on here that talk about the
damage that can occur when you mix metals. Mine are in platinum because both my rings are. I know Leon will work in any metal,
unfortunately, gold is now almost the same as platinum. Have you talked to Leon yet?

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Hi Luv2Sparkle :wavey:

I'm bumping this thread because, like Kiki, I've been slowly getting more obsessed with finding a skinny spacer so that I have the option of wearing my upgrade on my left hand (with my original shared prong wedding band). I have always loved your Leon spacer because 1) it is super skinny 2) it looks like it sits slightly higher than some of the skinny bands on Etsy (is the Leon maybe 2mm high? Do you know?) 3) that knife edge and milgrain is the perfect way to make the ring sort of disappear so that it doesn't "clutter" the beautiful, elegant look you have with your amazing Leon e-ring and your eternity band.

SO, if you don't mind sharing: how has your little spacer been holding up? Do you wear it daily? Have you noticed it getting worn away (i.e. a groove) from your shared prong band?

I'm thinking I might need to bite the bullet since I'm finding that in warmer weather my right hand just swells too much for my ring to be worn comfortably - it feels much better on the left. (And I'm still not used to wearing a RHR!)

ETA: If anyone has any other suggestions for the Leon-like spacer, I'm all ears!
I think I would need it to be 2mm tall (since that's the height of my shared prong band; I also have a diamond in the gallery of my e-ring), and ideally less than 1.5mm wide. I wonder if there's someone on Etsy who could make something at least somewhat similar (even if Leon's milgraining is hard to match...)...

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For another option, RavensRefuge, an etsy vendor, should be able to create something for you with the exact dimensions you need... They have 100% positive rating. I'm actually working with them presently for a thicker square band ring with gemstones -- the communication is excellent, and prices very reasonable. Dan works with all metals too, including a beautiful 21k yellow gold that I'm hoping to use on my next project with them.

Here's a pic of their 2mm x 2mm platinum high-dome band:

ravens%20plat%20high-dome%20band.jpg

And for an example of their milgraining, here's a slender platinum triple-milgrained band - 1.5mm x 1mm:

ravens%20plat%20milgrain%20band.jpg

And here's the website:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/73019958/delicate-hand-forged-15mm-platinum

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Marymm - Thanks so much for the Etsy recommendation! Those both look really nice (and that milgrain is beautiful)! Sometimes I get overwhelmed on Etsy because I don't know where to start, so it's great to see references coming up on PS.

Thanks so much again for the rec. - if I contact them I will mention that you referred me. A spacer is not too complicated, so if I can avoid paying a Leon premium I'd prefer it. And I like the idea of something handmade. Cool!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Love Street! :wavey:

My spacer is holding up really well! There are a few little scratches in the curve where it is up against the e-ring but other than that
it is great. The longer I have had it the happier I am that I had Leon make it. I have also tried it on with other settings of different
rings I own, and it would work with every single one of them. So if I ever have to change my setting for any reason, I feel really
sure it would work with a new setting.

Also, it is so thin that I can even add another ring to the stack. On the sides, it is as tall as the band of the e-ring and almost as
tall as the height of my eternity. I really could not be happier with it. I think it is the perfect spacer band. I also have a 2mm
platinum band from Blue Nile that I sometimes wear with it, but I love a lot of bling. Normally, I would choose a wider band e-ring,
so with the eternity-spacer-ering combo I get the wider on the finger look I love. I only wear the e-ring alone when I am at home.
I love looking at it from all sides. :love:

Although the Leon spacer is pricey, in the long run, IMHO it has been so worth it. It fits perfectly and protects the ring. I do wear
them together 98% of the time and there is not any significant damage to the spacer and none to the ering. A lot of money
in initial outlay, but worth every single penny in how it fits and protects. Plus teeny tiny milgrain makes me really happy. I think
it makes it more special.

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for coming back to this thread Luv2Sparkle!

I'm so glad to hear your Leon has proved its worth and has been holding up well with the wear - very encouraging. It seems to be the perfect design for a spacer: that knife edge keeps the girdles of the w-band at bay, and it's tall enough to still keep w-band and e-ring separated through various lateral and verticle movement over the course of day. Yet it's so dainty - just a little nearly invisible sliver! I love it!

Decisions decisions....

Thanks again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results