shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon Mege Diamond Ambassador???

BALBABE

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! This is my first time posting on here despite lurking for about 2 years :shifty:

I've definitely decided on a leon mege setting :love: (The 301) and booked a flight to NYC in may with the intention of picking it up then. SUPER EXCITED!!!! Problem is, I don't have long to finalise a diamond. I contacted the diamond ambassador service but apparently Perry Chen is on extended leave! I gave Leon my budget 13000-14000 and he said I could get an H vs2 1.40 carats hearts and arrows but they haven't given me more details. (I was hoping for a 1.5 though :( guess I need to stretch the budget for that!)

Do you think I should get quotes from elsewhere or is it a better idea to get the diamond and setting done at one place? Since I won't be seeing the diamond before I get it - no great loss, I'm not expert! -

If anyone could help me out with advice on obtaining a diamond that would be most appreciated! I've read all the advice on good old gold and white flash - but not on whether it makes sense going with the diamond ambassador since I'm getting the setting done by Leon. Also the fact that Perry Chen is not around makes me uneasy - I'm not sure who will be selecting the diamonds in his absence.

Thank you so much in advance!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you can only get a Leon ring if you buy the stone from him?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, Leon has set lots of stones from other vendors. I think you can buy whatever you want and have it shipped to him if that's what you choose to do. Just wise to tell him that is what you are going to do before you sign a work order for making a ring.

BALBABE

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies guys!

That's exactly my problem though, I don't really know what to do. I haven't seen many people talk about his diamond ambassador service before! But he's a great jeweller so I know it definitely won't be bad - I'm just not sure if I can get better value elsewhere particularly because Perry Chen is on leave and I'm not sure if that means that there will be fewer diamonds available to choose from.

I'll give them a call on monday and hopefully they can clarify matters! =)

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So are you looking to buy the diamond elsewhere and have it sent to Leon? Or are you going to have a diamond sent to you and then you will send it to Leon? If he is in NYC, there is GOG on long island I believe and Enchanted Diamonds is right in NYC. I had good luck with josh at enchanted so you could get a hold of them and see what they have in your price range.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe Leon's one of the vendors who carries his own line of new old cuts, and won't set new old cuts provided by another vendor (GOG's AVCs, for example). Be sure to find out how much he's going to charge for the setting alone, and the setting charge, before you commit to another diamond.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, that was what I meant as VRBeauty said re new old cuts but a hearts & arrows would be okay. Good old Gold, Whiteflash or Wink would have great stones. Can't see Leon having horrid stones in his rings though, so it would just depend who has price and quality and size you want.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think Leon won't set cushions from other vendors as he carries his own brand. I think rounds don't apply. Best thing to do though is ask him. =)

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here are 2 I found at James Allen...just to compare your budget to size you want...it is possible. Just confirm with any vendor you go with if their SI-1's or SI-2's are eye clean. It is absolutely possible to find them. Might take a bit of work, but it is possible. I haven't checked any of the other vendors.

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.52-carat-g-color-si1-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-382399
** crystal under the table is worrisome but might be a white inclusion & is eye clean. ?? **

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.54-carat-h-color-si1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-355319

BALBABE

Rough_Rock
You guys are amazing! Thats for all the helpful advice and diamond suggestions!!! I am calling them this week and will hopefully have more clarity, and definitely more questions, later.

I'm in London at the moment, so I won't be seeing the diamond in person before it is set, hence the worry! So excited to get a ring made by Leon though. Been gawping at all the Leon Mege rings on pricescope for ages! :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results