shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon E-Ring

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That diamond does not look especially appealing to me. I would choose my own diamond and then have Steven or Victor Canera set it, personally.

egemnoel

Shiny_Rock
Great, thanks for your advise now where is the best place to source a cushion cut diamond? Around 2CT please.

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also think Good Old Gold is the best source of modern cushions. If they don't have what you want, then they maybe can source a nice one for you. They specialize in well cut stones of any shape. I do love the AV antique cushions personally. Victor Canera sells cushions as well and makes very fine settings, too.

egemnoel

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1422543596|3823818 said:
That diamond does not look especially appealing to me. I would choose my own diamond and then have Steven or Victor Canera set it, personally.

Hi Diamondseeker2006,

What do you see wrong with this stone please? I have looked at the other and they look just as good. Maybe I need some guidance?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just from the picture you linked, the faceting of the stone looks more to be the "crushed ice" style, which when you look into the diamond, it all sort of looks messy and lots of random pinpricks of light. I do NOT prefer that look. There are many other "looks". Take a look at the links that Rocky Racoon posted. Goodoldgold's August Vintage Cushion stones clearly "look" different to the eye compared to the one you posted. Also, with the modified cushion referenced by Rocky Racoon the "look" (sparkle, light return) is different yet.

Go to youtube, look up "Good Old Gold Cushion" and "Good Old Gold August Vintage Cushion" you will actually see videos of how these stones look IRL. See how the stones sparkle completely differently, and ALL return light very differently from crushed ice style cushions.

Do some more research if you care about buying a beautiful stone. If you go for crushed ice, make sure at least you've seen the other options and determined that you choose this cut over other styles.

Victor Canera also produces modern faceted cushions and antique cushion cuts.

https://www.victorcanera.com/diamonds?shape[]=canera-antique-cushion&shape[]=canera-modern-cushion

His settings are stunning and I have one myself so I am biased.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
All great responses above. I worked with Chris at BE (formerly ERD). I believe he can source the stone and do the halo you want. He usually comes in a few dollars less than VC and SK. Or, buy the stone from GOG and Chris can do the halo setting.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
egemnoel|1422632945|3824457 said:

Hi Diamondseeker2006,

What do you see wrong with this stone please? I have looked at the other and they look just as good. Maybe I need some guidance?

hi egemnoel- you've asked a very good question.
I can't speak about the specific stone, but rather taste in general.
MANY people prefer "crushed ice" as a look.

Let me re-phrase that- Many people in the real world prefer crushed ice look.
Many of the most vocal people here on PS do not.

Then you've also got to look at how popular a given seller is
A lot of advice given is more about who to buy from.
This is to be expected, we all have our favorites.

But in both cases, what someone else likes may not be what you like.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockdiamond|1422640337|3824504 said:
egemnoel|1422632945|3824457 said:

Hi Diamondseeker2006,

hi egemnoel- you've asked a very good question.
I can't speak about the specific stone, but rather taste in general.
MANY people prefer "crushed ice" as a look.

Let me re-phrase that- Many people in the real world prefer crushed ice look.
Many of the most vocal people here on PS do not.

Then you've also got to look at how popular a given seller is
A lot of advice given is more about who to buy from.
This is to be expected, we all have our favorites.

But in both cases, what someone else likes may not be what you like.

I cannot disagree with Rockdiamond because that is his experience.

I can only say that if I were spending the money you are spending, I would do my due diligence, and find out as much information about the options available to me as I can before committing. What other people like is only that...what other people like. However it does open the door of possibility to you, for you to see more options and for you to decide for yourself what you like. :) I always do the research to determine if I have before me all the options available before I make a decision, especially one as significant as this one. Best of luck to you OP.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is an interesting discussion for me- for egemnoel it's more urgent.
My suggestion for due diligence would involve looking at as many diamonds as I can.
Go into the finest shops and look.
You are after all, a person ready to spend a lot of money- a smart salesperson will invest the time to show you diamonds.

Knowing the business from the inside, I have a different perspective-
I spend a lot of time looking at how other people represent diamonds on the internet.
I find that researching diamonds online to be very informative, but it leaves out an essential element.
It's like reading about food.
No matter how close the written word gets you, you have to actually taste it.

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
Jaw dropping beautiful ring.

Whether through Leon Mege or any other source suggested here who will largely tap the same network of stones, finding a beautiful diamond is only part of the challenge. If you posted this particular ring because you appreciate this designers work as an artisan and you want certain elements that are indigenous to his designs, why not let him build the ring for you? You have a considerable budget. It's worth any premium you may incur to get exactly what you want. One stop shopping is also a huge convenience!

You have great taste. Good luck to you in your search!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Leon ring - it is gorgeous, with a beautiful diamond and an amazing setting, and not outrageously priced for what it is (an attractive 2ct diamond cushion in a well-crafted, high-end designer setting). That said, if I were interested in buying that specific ring, I'd probably click on the "Make an offer we can't refuse" and try my luck with an offer apx 20% below the current listed price.

As other PSers were pointing out, there are various kinds of facet patterns when it comes to diamond cushions, and some people have quite strong preferences in favor of some facet patterns and against others.

Before committing to any specific diamond/ring, you and/or the intended wearer of this ring may wish to see in person some of the various diamond cuts, and specifically different kinds of cushion-cuts, just to make sure you know what is available and what your (or the wearer's) eye finds most pleasing.

Alternately, the Leon ring is a stock item and thus comes with a 7-day return policy which provides a refund minus a 20% restocking fee, or exchange for another item with same/great value. For me, a 20% restocking fee is significant, so I would only purchase a stock item if I was really certain it was what I wanted. https://leonmege.com/index.php/policies/refunds-returns#refund

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
If YOU love it, then buy it. I think it is beautiful. It is all a matter of personal taste.

duckduckgoose

Rough_Rock
Like others have mentioned, there are many great options for sourcing your diamond and having a ring made. Personally, my ring was made by Leon and my diamond was sourced through Perry who works with Leon. I found him to be very knowledgeable and had a great experience while selecting my stone. If you are open to having something made-to-order, then this could certainly be an option for you. I should also note also that there are many more stones available to them than you can see just by searching on the LM website.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results