shape
carat
color
clarity

legacy-style eternity band question

nyquestioner

Shiny_Rock
I like the Tiffany 2 mm Legacy eternity band. But I'm wondering what the alternatives are in terms of vendor options for better value.

Has anyone had a similar style of ring made by Leon or Steven? Were they less expensive than the Tiffany version? Leon made my engagement ring and did a beautiful job, so I'm sure craftmanship-wise it would be at least as good or better than the original Tiffany.

On the other hand, since the original Tiffany ring is a cast ring and looks very nice, I was thinking also that a more inexpensive route might be to have it cast by someone like ERD. Has anyone done this and if so, how did it compare in quality? Also, how would you think the price would compare?

I also browsed a bit on ebay--I wouldn't mind second hand if it's in good condition--but I would be nervous about buying off there for such a purchase.

Finally, are there any advantages to buying straight from Tiffany itself, aside from being able to walk out of the store with the ring? Any other thoughts on the pluses or minuses of the above options, or any other options I missed?
Thank you!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I personally wouldn't buy 2nd hand off ebay just because Tiffany's won't authenticate pieces anymore and there are too many fakes ones on ebay with a fake Tiffany's copyright on it.

I also wouldn't pay the premium for the Tiffany's brand name so I would request quotes from SK, VC, ERD, WF, BGD and JbEG. I'm pretty sure almost all of them have made Legacy style settings before. I would ask them for pictures of their Legacy inspired pieces and then go with whoever I felt had the best version/ price point for me.

If you don't like anything you see then yes I would go back to Tiffanys and buy it there if that is what your heart is set on.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sarahbear621|1370263077|3458073 said:
I personally wouldn't buy 2nd hand off ebay just because Tiffany's won't authenticate pieces anymore and there are too many fakes ones on ebay with a fake Tiffany's copyright on it.

I also wouldn't pay the premium for the Tiffany's brand name so I would request quotes from SK, VC, ERD, WF, BGD and JbEG. I'm pretty sure almost all of them have made Legacy style settings before. I would ask them for pictures of their Legacy inspired pieces and then go with whoever I felt had the best version/ price point for me.

If you don't like anything you see then yes I would go back to Tiffanys and buy it there if that is what your heart is set on.

+1 to everything Sarahbear said!

nyquestioner

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the additional suggestions for vendors.
I have been looking at some vendor photos of their versions of the ring, and I find it a little bit tough to tell from the vendor photos how the workmanship and style might differ from the original legacy setting. If anyone has similar bands from any of these vendors, I would love to hear how you would compare the workmanship (especially if you have a cast band) as well as any differences in the style.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results