shape
carat
color
clarity

"layers" from the lateral side of view in my new diamond

wuaaa

Rough_Rock
Hi dear all,

I just received my diamond today, which is a 0.71 ct, F. VS2, Ideal cut one. when I look at it from the lateral aspect, I could not believe my eyes-----I saw layers in the stone!

I was wondering: what could that be???? is it some kind of cleavage or deposit in the rock???

Thank you so much for your kind help, any inputs are welcomed!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Do not be concerned! That is the girdle reflection and it is quite normal, all diamonds that I have ever seen have them. I suppose that a diamond cut like a window would no have one, but all modern cut diamonds cut for jewelry have them.

Wink

wuaaa

Rough_Rock
Wink|1331692868|3148159 said:
Do not be concerned! That is the girdle reflection and it is quite normal, all diamonds that I have ever seen have them. I suppose that a diamond cut like a window would no have one, but all modern cut diamonds cut for jewelry have them.

Wink

Thank you so much, Wink. the "layer" looks very very obvious and is right in the middle of the stone from lateral view. So that is indeed light reflection of the girdle?- VOW, such a relief!!

thanks again, Wink! guess I did not learn physics well in school, sorry, hah-hah.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Glad to be of service.

You would probably be surprised at how many times that gets asked by first time buyers. Some in a HUGE state of panic! Especially if they dropped their stone and are worried that they have damaged it.

Wink

wuaaa

Rough_Rock
Wink|1331693298|3148167 said:
Glad to be of service.

You would probably be surprised at how many times that gets asked by first time buyers. Some in a HUGE state of panic! Especially if they dropped their stone and are worried that they have damaged it.

Wink

LOL, Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results