shape
carat
color
clarity

La Pousette backs on earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
I''m looking at earring settings, and I''m wondering about the "La pousette" backs. Specifically, when you put them on, where exactly does the back sit? Does it sit at the end like this picture from findingsdepot.com? Or is there a groove more like 1/2 way up the post? I''m trying to picture how it sits in the ear & how much ''play'' for lack of a better word there is for the earring to slide back & forth in your earlobe.

Thanks

395-100-3.jpeg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
It depends on how big your ears are, there will be a small grove in post and that is where your backing will stay. To find out how much play you will have you need to try on the earrings. Good Luck!

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The back rests in a groove that is quite near the end of the post. If you wish, the jeweler who puts them on can shorten the post from the other end before they solder it to the earring. If you do this, it''s important to measure carefully. It''s easy to make them shorter, it''s hard to make them longer.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results